Married into a Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
chilerancher

chilerancher

Reaction score
Your Tahoe looks to be in excellent shape for a vehicle with over 300K miles!

Your Bronco looks similar to the one O.J. Simpson was in with that crazy slow speed chase with this buddy driving. Heard Bronco sales went up sharply after that but just for a short.

Thanks, yeah I'd say it's in pretty good shape. I focus on mechanical soundness, not so much the cosmetic stuff, so it does have a few dings and such that haven't been fixed.
  • Wife driving: Rolled into the car in front of her at low speed and damaged the front bumper, lost the trim and the fog lights.
  • Me driving: Turned too tightly in a parking garage and scraped the right side against the garage corner. Totally forgot I wasn't in my short-wheel-based Bronco! No functional damage, but I did have to confess my transgressions when I picked the wife up at the airport the next day. Ugh.
  • Me driving: At night driving low speed almost home, a young deer just bolted out and ran into the left passenger door. Deer scampered off fine, but push the door panel in some.
I've not tried my hand at body repair.

OP
OP
chilerancher

chilerancher

Reaction score
Noob question: I'm searching the forums for "intake manifold gasket set" and I'm surprised that very few hits come up. I then searched for "Your Posts" and it didn't include my post from Jan-20 about "Faint whiff of gas fumes...". Does search only pull up the most recent hits? I really want to do a deep search in these forums for my research before I post any questions. Thanks in advance for for the help!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noob question: I'm searching the forums for "intake manifold gasket set" and I'm surprised that very few hits come up. I then searched for "Your Posts" and it didn't include my post from Jan-20 about "Faint whiff of gas fumes...". Does search only pull up the most recent hits? I really want to do a deep search in these forums for my research before I post any questions. Thanks in advance for for the help!
The search function isn’t working very well on here for some reason.

Try typing “Tahoeyukonforum intake” into your search engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chilerancher

chilerancher

Reaction score
The search function isn’t working very well on here for some reason.

Try typing “Tahoeyukonforum intake” into your search engine.

Thanks! Yeah, surprised the local search isn't working well. This finds what I need: "intake manifold gasket site:tahoeyukonforum.com"

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your Tahoe looks to be in excellent shape for a vehicle with over 300K miles!

Your Bronco looks similar to the one O.J. Simpson was in with that crazy slow speed chase with this buddy driving. Heard Bronco sales went up sharply after that but just for a short.
Ha, that’s what I was thinking! White Broncos from that era always remind me of OJ too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz