Making Yukon look a little more modern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
The first pic below is stock headlight housings with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs.

The second pic is with the new housings and the H1 bulbs they came with (probably cheap generic ones).
92c45a34ae5ee56358101281760cc020.jpg02665b34932d879a326aef0b7e735334.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first pic below is stock headlight housings with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs.

The second pic is with the new housings and the H1 bulbs they came with (probably cheap generic ones).
92c45a34ae5ee56358101281760cc020.jpg02665b34932d879a326aef0b7e735334.jpg

Thanks for the pics. If you hadn't said which was which, I would have assumed the opposite, based on the color temperature. Maybe the different ambient lighting between the photos is affecting that.

The beam pattern with the new ones looks pretty nonuniform in the photo. Does that show when they shine down the road? I'm not sure I'd like that. Maybe I'll just get some blacked-out OEM reps and call it good for now. My truck is essentially black. So they'd be an improvement over stock, at least.

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. If you hadn't said which was which, I would have assumed the opposite, based on the color temperature. Maybe the different ambient lighting between the photos is affecting that.

The beam pattern with the new ones looks pretty nonuniform in the photo. Does that show when they shine down the road? I'm not sure I'd like that. Maybe I'll just get some blacked-out OEM reps and call it good for now. My truck is essentially black. So they'd be an improvement over stock, at least.
The new ones are projector, so they have that cutoff line that lowers on the left. This was before I adjusted them correctly, but you do see that left to right step while driving

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. I purchased mine about 6 weeks ago and it already had 22 inch RST's. While I really do think I am going to switch to 18's, the wheels do make the Canyonero look more current. Cannot agree more about paint as well.

I will also add that swapping out the OEM H/U for an Alpine Halo 9 inch CarPlay/Android Auto setup was a massive upgrade. Especially for those with pre BT NNBS's.

View attachment 267511 View attachment 267512
any more pics of this?

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my front turn signal bulbs has burned out. And the OEM housing leaks a bit. It looks like a royal pain to get at the lights to swap bulbs. You basically have to remove them. So I've been thinking of getting these:

View attachment 271889

Does anyone have experience with them? I want real world experience before spending $300 on them. I know aftermarket headlights have a reputation for leaking. But my OEM ones leak too. So if I've got to seal them either way, I don't think it's a deal breaker.

What is that grill and bumper setup? Looks decent.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe's from this generation are timeless in how they look, but IMO, the Yukon with it's front nose styling is looking very dated. I have an SLT XL 4x4 that is being upgraded to a 6.2, so I plan on driving it for a while. I have already removed the side trim which cleaned it up a lot, but I was planning on adding the thinner chrome trim there like found on the newer Denalis as well as adding a Denali type mesh grill (putco). The empty door panels make it look too much like a work truck.

Anyone have other ideas how to make the truck look a bit more modern?
For the door trim, you can also look at some from the 07-14 Escalade. It’s a thin chrome strip. You can also get them bare to be paint matched.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This. I purchased mine about 6 weeks ago and it already had 22 inch RST's. While I really do think I am going to switch to 18's, the wheels do make the Canyonero look more current. Cannot agree more about paint as well.

I will also add that swapping out the OEM H/U for an Alpine Halo 9 inch CarPlay/Android Auto setup was a massive upgrade. Especially for those with pre BT NNBS's.

View attachment 267511 View attachment 267512
How are the aesthetics with the h/u and dash? I’ve been contemplating this. Are the vents or other controls obscured?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about replacing the running boards ?
The power drop style boards
I’m actually working on this to add the factory boards. I’ve got the parts to build the wire harness and have the dash switch. Just need to source a set of the long body steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA