Making Yukon look a little more modern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe's from this generation are timeless in how they look, but IMO, the Yukon with it's front nose styling is looking very dated. I have an SLT XL 4x4 that is being upgraded to a 6.2, so I plan on driving it for a while. I have already removed the side trim which cleaned it up a lot, but I was planning on adding the thinner chrome trim there like found on the newer Denalis as well as adding a Denali type mesh grill (putco). The empty door panels make it look too much like a work truck.

Anyone have other ideas how to make the truck look a bit more modern?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
The Tahoe's from this generation are timeless in how they look, but IMO, the Yukon with it's front nose styling is looking very dated. I have an SLT XL 4x4 that is being upgraded to a 6.2, so I plan on driving it for a while. I have already removed the side trim which cleaned it up a lot, but I was planning on adding the thinner chrome trim there like found on the newer Denalis as well as adding a Denali type mesh grill (putco). The empty door panels make it look too much like a work truck.

Anyone have other ideas how to make the truck look a bit more modern?

Swap the front clip for a Tahoe front clip, or Silvy or Sierra clip. Pricey but relatively easy.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headlights make a big difference! When I did the current headlights I have with LED tubes that are tied into my running lights it changed the whole look of the truck.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Putco 64359 and 84160

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne