Making Yukon look a little more modern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front end is the one thing I don't really like about my Yukon. But I wanted the 6.2. And the Escalade doesn't look any better, IMO. I like the Sierra front clip conversions I've seen. But I don't like the mismatch of the wheel openings. I've seen one guy who put fender flares on his, and it looked really good with wide off-road tires. But that's not the look I'm after with mine. I'm wondering if a pair of Tahoe front fenders could be modified to work with the Sierra grille, and provide a more balanced look with the rear wheel openings. I haven't seen anyone try it yet.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front end is the one thing I don't really like about my Yukon. But I wanted the 6.2. And the Escalade doesn't look any better, IMO. I like the Sierra front clip conversions I've seen. But I don't like the mismatch of the wheel openings. I've seen one guy who put fender flares on his, and it looked really good with wide off-road tires. But that's not the look I'm after with mine. I'm wondering if a pair of Tahoe front fenders could be modified to work with the Sierra grille, and provide a more balanced look with the rear wheel openings. I haven't seen anyone try it yet.

Go for it John, maybe get an artist rendering first, digital of course so you can view from all angles.

Me, I thought about doing something unique like putting a Suburban or Sierra front end on it, but I'm a purist at heart and probably will just put new OE parts on it. The factory and factory approved accessory grills were made with air flow in mind, too much restriction and the truck won't shed enough heat while towing. In January she gets a new bumper cover and headlight housings finally.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Putco 64359 and 84160
you can get a oem or repop chrome denali grill off ebay for about $100 or slightly less, or even the set with the lower part as well, there is a separate chrome piece that goes on the front edge of the hood

muncie21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of the '07-'14 Yukon front clip either (headlights don't do it for me) but on the other hand it doesn't bother me enough to chance the entire front clip, including fenders :)

Butch Pink

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went with new lights with LED bulbs, a new grill, and a push bar with LED lights as well. I used a 3M wrap on the hood and sides. The rear lights were swapped out to the style LED too. I am very happy with the look now.

OP
OP
L

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best thing you can do it get the paint in good shape. Nothing makes a truck look newer than having paint with no swirls and oxidation. A retrofit upgrade and 22" wheels helps a lot, too.

View attachment 264289

Agreed, this was gonna be the first thing I do. I got real lazy with the paint care since it's such a hassle to clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094