Magnetic Ride Control Loaded Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

my16tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 4wd Tahoe with Magnetic Ride Control Loaded Struts with 78k miles. My front struts are starting to leak. If you have replaced yours what brand (Doorman ???) and any other comments?

Thanks

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, go with OEM replacements or go with Arnott shocks replacements for OEM shocks. Again, IMO, replacing/negating the Magneride system will result in a less comfortable and smooth ride (full disclosure - other folks disagree).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oem for the front, you can find them cheaper on rock auto, they should also have lifetime warranty now they changed it from 1 year to lifetime around 2018.
all you need is the shock, the strut can be taken apart and new shock installed and put back together.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2016 4wd Tahoe with Magnetic Ride Control Loaded Struts with 78k miles. My front struts are starting to leak. If you have replaced yours what brand (Doorman ???) and any other comments?

Thanks
Moved you here from 2021+section.

OP
OP
M

my16tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMO, go with OEM replacements or go with Arnott shocks replacements for OEM shocks. Again, IMO, replacing/negating the Magneride system will result in a less comfortable and smooth ride (full disclosure - other folks disagree).
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. I noticed you listed a dual exhaust, cat back. You happy with it? Does it drone while inside driving?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated. I noticed you listed a dual exhaust, cat back. You happy with it? Does it drone while inside driving?
My cat back dual exhaust system is loud and has a drone, so most folks would not like it. There are other brands of cat back dual exhaust systems with more sound absorbing mufflers that produce a sound level that is acceptable to most folks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan