Magneride dead at 85k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HatingChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
is the pump working when you turn the key to run? it should come on for a few seconds then shut off

when aux power is on or engine running? Mine is a push to start. I know i hear a hum when i start the engine, but I thought that was the same loud fuel pump they have been using for the last 20 years

Last edited:

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
The Arnott's are the way to go. Swapped my magneride on my Denali and the Arnott's are so much better. They are way better for towing too.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when aux power is on or engine running? Mine is a push to start. I know i hear a hum when i start the engine, but I thought that was the same loud fuel pump they have been using for the last 20 years

No the DFI engines use a crank driven pump for direct fuel injection. Thats why the V8 needs to crank for about 2-3 seconds before they start.

06 Taco

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the rears on my 2015 Denali with the Arnott's from Rock Auto, it made a huge improvement in the ride. Mine were shot at 36500 miles. I don't think it took more than three hours start to finish including set up and clean up. I think I saw another after market strut mentioned in another Dead Mag Ride thread on this forum, you may try searching for it.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Arnott's are the way to go. Swapped my magneride on my Denali and the Arnott's are so much better. They are way better for towing too.

I replaced the rears on my 2015 Denali with the Arnott's from Rock Auto, it made a huge improvement in the ride. Mine were shot at 36500 miles. I don't think it took more than three hours start to finish including set up and clean up. I think I saw another after market strut mentioned in another Dead Mag Ride thread on this forum, you may try searching for it.

I'm assuming you guys are referring to the Arnott AS3066 for vehicles with magneride and air suspension.

What about the Arnotts would you say are better/improved performance over stock based on your experience?
Less bouncy?
Smoother ride?
More stable?

I'll be due for new rear shocks on my '15 Denali XL and usually go with OEM, but am open to going aftermarket if the result is improved ride/performance over stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts