"luxury" amp transplant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone has ever transplanted the "luxury" bose amp and radio into a base model tahoe.

Also looking to see if anyone has a luxury amp, or at least a part number for one available.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think for the 07-14 there is basically 2 different lux amps, you can find them on ebay, as far as upgrading I think you would be in for a job including a bose radio, complete harness, speakers & programming.
my tech2 will tell me the amp part number in my Denali but it's going to be one of the 2 that are readily available on ebay usually for around $100

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah I'm finding a smaller and a larger one on ebay. I think the larger of the two is the "luxury" amp I guess the real question is if I transplant the amp into my Tahoe, will it power on and pick up stuff like chimes, signals, and the speaker phone?

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I've got a 2008 denali too I'm going to pop the console and see what amp is in it, I'm stealing the motor and some other stuff and it's getting my afm 5.3 before I sell it, so I might as well try to snag the amp and nav

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a thread on here about it.... involves repinning, adding wires, And all types of shit. If I can find it I’ll post the link

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
That's premium to luxury. Mine is base radio, no amp at all. I'm unsure if the bcm will signal to luxury amp to turn on if it's never had one in the first place

Keanen55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just go aftermarket? A lot easier route and probably a better sound in most cases

OP
OP
chaingun427

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Why not just go aftermarket? A lot easier route and probably a better sound in most cases
Integration mostly. I haven't found an interface that I like for door chimes car phone, rse, and backup camera that I like, at all. Tried the maestro rr based on recommendations here and it keeps the steering wheel buttons great, but the chimes are ass and the rse is glitchy for some reason, but perfect when I go back to the factory radio

The pac doesn't have a feature set I like either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos