Lux-amp and heated bench seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Ive got a 2003 GMC Yukon, SLT model. I installed a Denali center console and dash surround not too long ago and would like to make the "LUX" amp work, replacing my premium BOSE amp that came standard. Ive found a couple things online about the amp install but my case may be a little different. Im using the harness that came in the Denali console, along with I will not be using the factory headunit like the others did. The headunit is a Pioneer AppRadio 4 (SPH DA120).

I was hoping someone would have the correct pin-locations for the wires that need switched in the factory harness, or diagrams of the SLT truck harness to the console and the Denali console harness.

I was also wondering if anyone would have an idea as to how the CD changer and wiring for the rear heated seats work. The console has both the buttons for the rear heated seat and the CD changer, I'm assuming the un-used 2nd plug for the console harness is for these 2 things, but I can't find much info about it...
Any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why not just go with a whole new system? I feel that you could save money and end up with a better outcome if you went with a simple 4 channel and some mid-level components or even coaxials. But that's just my $0.02. I know that merging harnesses, interchanging parts etc. especially with the audio equipment in these trucks can be very challenging, not always plug and play.

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've thought about it but the factory LUX system doesn't sound all that bad to me, and I'd really like to use the Denali console harness as it is instead of hacking my original one up to reach all the power connections the Denali console has (the original consoles wiring went to totally different locations). Plus on top of that, the buttons for the rear heated seats meet with the Denali console harness, which I'd like to make functional sometime soon hopefully.

I could re-pin the harness to work with the original BOSE amp I think, but it would be nice if I can just make the LUX amp work.

Nothing wrong with aftermarket systems, I personally just like the stock ones more for now. I had some issues with some Rockford Fosgate items I had a while back and it honestly killed the aftermarket stereo side of things for me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal