LTZ Burban- "Drop" Some Knowledge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 Suburban LTZ, 6.0L, 4WD

Ok so Im looking at knocking the burban down a few notches. Ultimately the ride quality is important to me because Im hauling the Wife :Nonono: and Baby :baby: in it. I just purchased a set of 26's with 295/30/26 rubber. I have not put them on yet but I know my ride quality will be affected by simply going from a 55 series tire to a 30 series tire.

The next piece of the puzzle is this. My autoride/airride/airshocks/airwhatever is shot, Im not getting any fault lights on the dash but the rear shocks are toast (holes in bellows) and I have never heard the compressor turn on. Bypassing the system doesn't bother me, I dont know how it rides when it works because mine never has worked. So unless someone can attest to it being an amazing feature.......I could take it or leave it depending on the "parts vs. price"

I have seen what Arnott offers and what Belltech Offers. Is there any others brands I should be considering that would function well with a 2/3 or 3/4 drop? I say this because what I can gather there is roughly 10 different ways to achieve a 2/3 drop on these trucks with all the different shocks and struts and spacers and *********.

Im going to guess these are my best two options

Option1
FRONT
-Arnott Bilstein Front Struts (w/Machined Grooves for adjustability/GM Lean)
-Oem Springs
-Belltech #2509 2" Drop Spindles
Do I need a Camber Kit????

REAR
-Arnott Bilstein Rear Air Shocks
-Belltech Springs (Part # ???????????) and a coil spacer to achieve either a 3" drop with it in or 4" drop without the spacer.
-Some Sort of Hardware I dont know much about with shock extension brackets, autoride links, and sway links.

What concerns me with this kit is collapsing the front struts past the oem setting with the machined grooves to correct lean and/or going the extra 1" on grooves to a 3" drop. I haven't seen much info on Arnott/Bilstein flexibility. I hate to blow out a brand new shock by over stepping its boundaries. I guess the same would apply to the rears running them with a lowering coil.

OR

Option2
Front
-Resistors to fool Dash Lights
-Belltech 25003 SP Adjustable Struts (Am I reading it right that these struts have 4in of adjustability, Belltechs website claims -2" to +2")
-Oem Springs
-Belltech #2509 2" Drop Spindles
-Do I Need Camber Kit for this????

Rear
-Resistor to fool Dash Lights
-Belltech 2410FF SP Shocks
-Belltech Springs (Part # ???????????) and a coil spacer to achieve either a 3" drop with it in or 4" drop without spacer
-Some Sort of Hardware I dont know much about with shock extension brackets, autoride links, and sway bar links.

I think im on the right track......:hmmm2: Feel free to chime in with your lowering experience and/or part numbers to fill in some blanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd first put those 26's on and let them feel the ride quality with just those. That's gonna be your worst "ride quality" issue

If you just do front spindles, you don't need a camber kit. Those only come in to play when you mess with the springs/shocks.

OP
OP
dragthepaint

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd first put those 26's on and let them feel the ride quality with just those. That's gonna be your worst "ride quality" issue

If you just do front spindles, you don't need a camber kit. Those only come in to play when you mess with the springs/shocks.

Thanks for the spindle info, yeah im gonna put them on once I find a competent facility to mount the tires......Sears aint gonna cut it on these.

OP
OP
dragthepaint

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no difference in front. remember 1 inch is only .62 at the strut.

OP
OP
dragthepaint

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the 5305 Coil been discontinued by Belltech cant find it on their website and Summit has it listed as discontinued??

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
sorry its only available in a complete kit with shock extenders. I have the 5306 coils with is a custom batch ran that is the 5305 but 1 inch taller. Also summit has no knowledge on the kits. I install and deal with these more and dont just sell out of books.

also i would do the free travel mod in rear along with the endlinks and my bumpstops if you lower the rear 3 or more inches. Just gives you more travel and a better ride.

OP
OP
dragthepaint

dragthepaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know Summit doesnt have a clue thats why im trying to get everything rounded up, if you dont go there knowing "exactly" what you need ur $hit out of luck.....I sent you a PM with some of the same questions and my Summit Situation the other day you never responded. Do you have the part #for the rear kit (is it 34324)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck