LT headers and Y pipe for Yukon 6.2 with 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im sure s9me9ne asked this questi9n but i couldnt find it. What Long Tube headers and catted Y pipe will fit on 6.2 4WD.
I have 2016 Yukon Denali 4WD with 8 speed. I search and search and most of those exhaust makers says it may need some mods to with 4WD, they mostly talking about Silverados but they use same headers and Y pipe as long its 6.2. I want to do Long tubes with catted Y pipe, NOT green one lol. Here in Missouri dont have sniffer on emissions, they just check for CEL and visual test. I do have MPVI2 Pro and still learning, so soon or later ill figure out how to fix "codes" when catted Y pipe throw them. I called TSP and guy said only issue he heard is with Auto Leveling trucks primary on passenger side hits frame, im not sure if this is true or not, but didnt 5.3 and 6.2s 2wd or 4wd have same frame. So whay would be touching frame on auto ride truck when front end doesnt have airbags. I just dont get it. So whats out ther that will fit. Im kinda going qfter 1 7/8 primaies since i ll be **** whipple later on
Thanks

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone, i cant belive you all drive 2wd with LTs, there have to be some moded 4wd out there

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they have same frame & no idea what they are talking about w/ autoride... thats on rear.

i was told stainless works & kooks will fit.

i plan to get SW for mine

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would call any of the following and ask them what they use. It looks like all three have modified a Denali at least once.
  1. Katech
  2. hennessey
  3. LMR (Houston)
Also, Classic Car Studio is right in your backyard (Brentwood, MO) and they have a custom built 2019 Denali on You Tube that might not be a bad reference point for you.

Granted, all of these guys are going to try to sell you their version of a power package (and none of them are cheap) but I've personally talked to Katech, LMR and CCS and they all were very helpful and took time to answer all of my questions.

You could also just call Kooks direct. I did that yesterday before placing an order for LT headers and a Green Catted y-pipe. It took a few minutes for someone to answer the phone but once I got a live body the guy took time to explain everything I asked including which color ceramic coating is best to use.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would call any of the following and ask them what they use. It looks like all three have modified a Denali at least once.
  1. Katech
  2. hennessey
  3. LMR (Houston)
Also, Classic Car Studio is right in your backyard (Brentwood, MO) and they have a custom built 2019 Denali on You Tube that might not be a bad reference point for you.

Granted, all of these guys are going to try to sell you their version of a power package (and none of them are cheap) but I've personally talked to Katech, LMR and CCS and they all were very helpful and took time to answer all of my questions.

You could also just call Kooks direct. I did that yesterday before placing an order for LT headers and a Green Catted y-pipe. It took a few minutes for someone to answer the phone but once I got a live body the guy took time to explain everything I asked including which color ceramic coating is best to use.

I called TSP and this guy said no issues, i dont know what 1st TSP was talking about
Also i finaly got someone on the phone from Kooks today. His name is Tyler. He said no problems since they designed 6.2 on 4WD truck they had. I asked him about coatinv he said its good on daily driver if i live north, im in MO, What color he told you about ?

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked him about coating he said its good on daily driver if i live north, im in MO, What color he told you about ?

I asked specifically about Classic silver polished vs. satin black vs. flat black. I ended up going with classic silver polished for appearance reasons. Plus it was $25 cheaper. LOL

Maybe others can chime in with some additional intel, but I thought it was pretty much a known fact that ceramic coating headers help to keep the engine bay temps lower so I'm not exactly sure what Kooks meant by coating is good if you live up north. Maybe rust prevention????

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RThomasII i just watched all 5 YT videos of their 2019 Denali XL. Its LME 377 long block, Whipple with 3.50" pulley so around 12-13 Psi, Kooks LTs and green cats, Magnaflow cat back, Beltech lowering kkt, custom catch can, custom wheels, all blacked out chrome but where the heck did they get Brembos front and rear

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked specifically about Classic silver polished vs. satin black vs. flat black. I ended up going with classic silver polished for appearance reasons. Plus it was $25 cheaper. LOL

Maybe others can chime in with some additional intel, but I thought it was pretty much a known fact that ceramic coating headers help to keep the engine bay temps lower so I'm not exactly sure what Kooks meant by coating is good if you live up north. Maybe rust prevention????

i'm still laughing at that $25 cheapper lol
Yeah rust protection he said

Last edited:

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RThomasII i just watched all 5 YT videos of their 2019 Denali XL. Its LME 377 long block, Whipple with 3.50" pulley so around 12-13 Psi, Kooks LTs and green cats, Magnaflow cat back, Beltech lowering kkt, custom catch can, custom wheels, all blacked out chrome but where the heck did they get Brembos front and rear

The Denali they did is sick!! I had serious truck envy when I watched those vids and was planning to copy a lot of what CCS did on my own Denali. I got as far as the full chrome delete and then the Cadillac sales guy started calling me and made an offer that was hard to refuse. I miss my Denali though. It was a solid vehicle.

On the subject of the Brembo's. I have no clue except they are probably WAAAAAY out of my price range.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout