Lowering question on 17 Yukon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBrianR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I recently purchased a 17 4WD Yukon. It's a SLT and has no air ride. I want to put a 2/3 on it, maybe a 2/4. I was looking at the max trac springs that include the shock extenders. Any thoughts on those? Rough ride, too soft, etc? I believe the springs are the same on both 2wd and 4wd. That kind of surprised me. What do you guys think?

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would contact Norcal SS and get the kit he offers. I have his 2/4 kit and recently did the free travel mod and dropped the rear down so it is even.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, get with @norcal_ss, the springs included in his kits are the best riding springs. I've had a 2011 tahoe and a 2012 suburban with the same kit (removed from Tahoe and swapped to burb) now we have a 2016 yukon XL denali with his kit that I installed last week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: b4z
OP
OP
J

JBrianR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would contact Norcal SS and get the kit he offers. I have his 2/4 kit and recently did the free travel mod and dropped the rear down so it is even.

Is there a trick to doing the free travel mod on the driver side? With the tank there, I am a little leary to use a plasma cutter or a sawzall? How did you do it?

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sawzall or get some fire blanket if you're worried about the tank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE