Lowering ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok guys so far i have put an interior in this thing lowered it and put 24s on it. still no d.i.c. buttons lol. I used a 2/3 kit for it and the rear is simply still to high. anyone address this? i ordered a pair of trailblazer springs (read the ride quality is much better) that are a 4" drop. any other ideas? im almost 2" unleveltahoe13.JPG

lhinds82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok guys so far i have put an interior in this thing lowered it and put 24s on it. still no d.i.c. buttons lol. I used a 2/3 kit for it and the rear is simply still to high. anyone address this? i ordered a pair of trailblazer springs (read the ride quality is much better) that are a 4" drop. any other ideas? im almost 2" unlevelView attachment 276252

It looks good! Maybe some black door handles and light tint or smoke the head and tail lights.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
ok guys so far i have put an interior in this thing lowered it and put 24s on it. still no d.i.c. buttons lol. I used a 2/3 kit for it and the rear is simply still to high. anyone address this? i ordered a pair of trailblazer springs (read the ride quality is much better) that are a 4" drop. any other ideas? im almost 2" unlevel

Nice ride. Great job on the lowering.

Regarding the DIC, you can buy the switch separately and in your vehicle bezel it will have the switch mounts and the plug-n-play connector on the back side. You just need to cut out the area where the switch will mount. Or, you can buy a used bezel which already has the DIC mounted on it and swap out. This you can find on Ebay, or other used online parts site, if you’re lucky to find one. On Ebay, there just happens to be one (Silver trim) on sale and also includes a set of replacement AC vents. See link below.
You may also find other bezels in wood trim.

This is a similar set I got for my PPV, even though I didn’t need the AC vents, because I didn’t have time to do the cutting if I bought just the DIC switch. All I had to do was swap the bezels, plug the connector to the DIC, and it was good to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-14-SUBU...159986?hash=item1ab776b5b2:g:9CIAAOSwZUlgY439

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so ive decided to put air bags in instead of the springs. going to run line out and put a shrader valve on them. figure this takes care of ride height and the ability to air up and tow. i run the risk of a leak but i think it will work for what i need.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice ride. Great job on the lowering.

Regarding the DIC, you can buy the switch separately and in your vehicle bezel it will have the switch mounts and the plug-n-play connector on the back side. You just need to cut out the area where the switch will mount. Or, you can buy a used bezel which already has the DIC mounted on it and swap out. This you can find on Ebay, or other used online parts site, if you’re lucky to find one. On Ebay, there just happens to be one (Silver trim) on sale and also includes a set of replacement AC vents. See link below.
You may also find other bezels in wood trim.

This is a similar set I got for my PPV, even though I didn’t need the AC vents, because I didn’t have time to do the cutting if I bought just the DIC switch. All I had to do was swap the bezels, plug the connector to the DIC, and it was good to go.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/07-14-SUBU...159986?hash=item1ab776b5b2:g:9CIAAOSwZUlgY439
Regarding the DIC, I’ve gone both routes. The switch itself is under $25 new. The cutting it in takes some time and finesse. I also found a complete trim piece with switches. The brushed trim is way more $$ than woodgrain on eBay. So I bought a woodgrain piece and painted it flat black to match the utilitarian use of thecopcar.

48340EF3-0BD8-496D-B0A5-A1B546DAB159.jpeg EBC76DDF-F1C1-4FDB-BFC9-B10E70B75B2F.jpeg 6FC5A7C7-77F9-4F78-8FBD-AC5696CD308E.jpeg C3A7E9C7-0CBA-498B-A69E-F14960F76F8F.jpeg

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you going to put the Schrader valve ?
I can't find a good place for it, I thought I could hide it inside one of the removable panels inside the cargo area but it didn't seam to be a straight hole in the floor approach. I thought inside the gas filler door was good too, but nowhere inside it, the only place it may work is right next to the receiver on drivers side on bumper cover.

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lol ive bought the DIC switch just havent got around to that yet. itll happen! as far as the shrader goes i think i will mount it near my hitch maybe on the bottom lip of the bumper or fab a little bracket and attach it directly to the hitch? at some point its going to get fully air bagged so the valve placement isnt to important to me at this point. when cutting for the DIC whats the dimension of the rectangle to cut?