Lowering ppv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol ive bought the DIC switch just havent got around to that yet. itll happen! as far as the shrader goes i think i will mount it near my hitch maybe on the bottom lip of the bumper or fab a little bracket and attach it directly to the hitch? at some point its going to get fully air bagged so the valve placement isnt to important to me at this point. when cutting for the DIC whats the dimension of the rectangle to cut?
I just used the dimensions of the switch, then covered the piece with painters tape and laid it out. Be aware of what’s behind it with the dash structure.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
so ive decided to put air bags in instead of the springs. going to run line out and put a shrader valve on them. figure this takes care of ride height and the ability to air up and tow. i run the risk of a leak but i think it will work for what i need.

I am running the TBSS air bags in the rear but I have them hooked to my factory auto leveling compressor so they automatically adjust for added weight.

They work well and ride great with the Rancho 9 way adjustable shocks I'm running.

kbuskill

Reaction score
Where are you going to put the Schrader valve ?
I can't find a good place for it, I thought I could hide it inside one of the removable panels inside the cargo area but it didn't seam to be a straight hole in the floor approach. I thought inside the gas filler door was good too, but nowhere inside it, the only place it may work is right next to the receiver on drivers side on bumper cover.

When I had the 6" drop springs in the rear I put the helper bags in them and installed both shrader valves inside the gas tank filler neck area.

It is a little tight but not that bad...
rps20210416_133325_989.jpg

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ans SSV and im "lifted" not lowered, but I do have the Firestone Helper spring Airbags installed.
I found some preexisting holes in the rear bumper that I used for the Schrader valves.

I had a few drinks when I decided to cut my trim for the DIC buttons. Long story short, Measure twice, cut once.
I got carried away. ended up using layers of ABS glue and sanding to "fix" the opening.
Then to cover up the Happy Little Accidents, I decided to wrap all of the trim.

IMG_20210420_194303130.jpg IMG_20210420_194424197.jpg IMG_20210420_194445693.jpg IMG_20210420_194742474.jpg

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
which rancho model shocks are you running? currently mine is riding like a brick with wheels. so stiff!

kbuskill

Reaction score
which rancho model shocks are you running? currently mine is riding like a brick with wheels. so stiff!

I assume you are asking me.

They are the 9 way adjustable shocks so you can make them firm or soft.

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I assume you are asking me.

They are the 9 way adjustable shocks so you can make them firm or soft.
yea i figured that. do you remember the model number? or compressed and open lengths?

kbuskill

Reaction score
yea i figured that. do you remember the model number? or compressed and open lengths?

RS999784 struts for the front.

RS999001 shocks for the rear.

The fronts are the factory replacements.

The rears are actually for the front-end of a square body Suburban but they have the same collapsed/extended lengths as the Belltech drop shocks and basically bolt right into the back end of our trucks. Since they are for the front-end of a Suburban they have good valving for the added weight of our trucks.

Compressed length 13.68"

Extended length 20.83"

Travel length 7.15"

OP
OP
doarider

doarider

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks man did you run the shock extenders in the rear for that shock? keep the factory ppv spring in the front?

kbuskill

Reaction score
thanks man did you run the shock extenders in the rear for that shock? keep the factory ppv spring in the front?

I am running shock extenders out back.

Factory front springs, yes, but my truck is an LTZ Burb not a PPV Tahoe.

Sorry for any confusion.