Lowering my hybrid (conservative)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I thought I was obsessed with details ... but this has to be the most thorough 1" rear drop investigation EVER!

Must be something about Hybrid owners. :)

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I'm a salesman not even an engineer! Keke

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do the Belltech shocks compare with the OEM shocks in terms of specs and functionality? Overall quality? Data/facts would be awesome.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
completly different valving.

Engineers focused their attention on tuning the low speed compression characteristics of this shock absorber, which is responsible for controlling your Sport Truck or SUV’s pitch and roll, dive and squat to help keep you confident and in control. The “Progressive” rebound tuning will complement large aftermarket wheels, keeping the ride smooth but firm and in control.

• The ultimate in Premium Street Performance solution
• Vehicle specific applications
• Oversized Construction provides additional damping control
• 15mm piston rod, 35 mm piston and a 55 mm shock body
• Internal Teflon coated bushings and piston seals avoid metal to metal contact,
provides lowest possible friction resulting in long lasting performance
• Increase in handling and performance at maximum comfort

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
photo_zps7163a06d.jpg

It's sitting a little too level for my liking esp knowing that the springs will settle in the rear. I'm going to drop the front 1/2". I'm not running third row seats either.

Or... I put in the 1" spacers in the rear and keep the fronts the as-is. TBD.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome to me.

So what's in it right now?

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
serge: it's got the belltech adjustable front struts with stock springs and the 2" lowering spring with matching belltech struts rearward. on the hybrid, it looks like the 2" becomes more like 2.25-2.5" due to the battery under the rear seats, FYI.

by how many inches should i expect the rear spring to settle? i'd be happy with it if it sat level like this even with load in the rear, but that's not reality. i can't stand cali lean so totally fine with a bit more rake. thx!

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1/4 inch and if you like it the way it is in front just slap in rear spacer

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
done this aftermarket modding thing so many times funny how i forget that teething issues always occur no matter how much you research.

-rear lowers more on the hybrid than advertised 2" lowering by about .5-.75" and this is even w/ the third row seat removed
-removing one metal spacer thing on the front strut lowers it .5" as advertised
-rear is making a metallic click noise on speed bumps (just tested it out at a restaurant parking garage tonight - annoyed)
-my driver side rear (22x9.5 ET38) is rubbing under compression at the front top area of tire against plastic lining (definitely annoyed at this variable i didnt' expect)

definitely leaning towards adding the 1" spacer. can't wait to get this thing sorted and just drive with peace o mind.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65