Lowering my hybrid (conservative)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the drop to be between 1 to 1.5" and I'll gladly take the third row seats out. I have them in right now.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another side note in general ... some elements are completely specific to hybrids, some are identical to base Tahoes, some seem identical and are not and vice versa. It took me forever to try and identify these nuances, often through trial and error and expense. I say this to point out that fitment guides, aftermarket part makers, and even sometimes GM are not the best informed as to what works and what doesn't, you really have to investigate it through on your own to figure it out ... or have the benefit of the information from someone who has.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another side note in general ... some elements are completely specific to hybrids, some are identical to base Tahoes, some seem identical and are not and vice versa. It took me forever to try and identify these nuances, often through trial and error and expense. I say this to point out that fitment guides, aftermarket part makers, and even sometimes GM are not the best informed as to what works and what doesn't, you really have to investigate it through on your own to figure it out ... or have the benefit of the information from someone who has.

and that's why i o u a beer after all this!:Handshake:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, I didn't mean it like that.

I just meant to say when it comes to hybrids, not to take fitment guides and manufacturer opinions as fact, both when they say something works and when they say it won't, without investigating yourself.

I drink IPA. :drunk:

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Anyhoot, send Tony (NorcalSS) a PM asking what he has for a 1-1-5 rear drop on a non autoride truck.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure Belltech has a 1 in the front 2 in the rear (gigitty) drop kit.

That would obviously result in an overall 1" rear drop, but I'm not sure you want to go that route since you stated you wanted to leave the front alone ... it would however give you the reduced rake you seek.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Okay, so I think this might help you out. The McG 30014 2" rear drop kit I had, that I sold to 07burb, he sold to a fellow hybrid owner ... here's the money shot of what that looks like:

attachment.php

Here's the thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40933

It looks like an absolutely perfect stance to my taste, more so with your 22s as opposed to jeremi's 20s, but even if it is too level for you hopefully it gives you a definitive idea of the exact drop you want.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is included in the "kit"?

From other angles it looks a little too level. Perhaps hybrid beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
rear belltech 2 inch drop springs
rear belltech sp shocks
rear belltech 1 inch spacer
$375 shipped

are you sure you dont want to drop the truck down in front at all?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tony, can he put a spacer in the springs if he only wants one inch?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tessacummins12

Latest posts