Lowering my hybrid (conservative)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to maintain the rake, keep the front height the same as stock, but just less rake than stock which is how my truck is pictured below 300 miles young:

48405C06-3D91-4A97-BAF7-3DA84C1FC4F8-2640-0000011230034B5A_zps7a550589.jpg

I'm all for swapping out shocks/springs all around to have a cohesive suspension package rather than mix and match. Any recommendations on which vendor/kit delivers the result I want?

Thank you!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2" drop in the rear would make it just about level, I'm not sure if there's a 1" drop kit, usually folks just get the 2" and add a spacer.

I already mentioned that McG 30014 is a simple 2" rear drop leveling kit, I'm sure belltech has something similar.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Btw, does anyone know what springs/parts GM uses to drop the PPV trucks an inch or so?

To just use those same rear components sounds like a perfect oem solution for Ben.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Btw, does anyone know what springs/parts GM uses to drop the PPV trucks an inch or so?

I heard the Ppv suspension is a tad stiffer than stock so that might not be a good idea

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing some searching I definitely want a max of a 1" rear drop and keep the front the same as it is visually at the perfect height with my wheel setup.

I like a little oemish rake as I can't stand a saggy rear in the slightest bit even with load which is an issue with the leveling kits I'm seeing.

I'd rather cut the stock spring than go 2" rear aftermarket spring (spring rate?) and adding a spacer (no likey).

Ideally someone has done the leg work to put together a front coilover plus rear spring/shocks package, but sounds like I'm in the desired outcome minority here given my conservative needs.

I'm fine with staying stock as the satisfaction of peace of mind outweighs the 1" worth of aesthetic gain. But...

Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben, why don't you shoot TYF vendor NorcalSS a PM ... he'll be able to tell you what parts to use to drop a non autoride truck ass 1".

I'm sure a phone call to Elbach to inquire about the above mentioned springs might also prove constructive.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called eibach and they said those were for the previous gen tahoe. and that the standard for current gen is 2" which is too much for my needs. they haven't tested a hybrid yet so don't have hybrid specific fitment.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There isn't a hybrid specific fitment per se ... it's the same as any non-autoride 07+ GM full size SUV.

Best way to figure out exactly the amount of rear drop you want is to measure on flat ground the front and back from ground to bottom of fender at the highest point of the wheel arch, and see what your ideal height and rake would be. Level is about 1.5" to 2" depending on the specific truck. When I had both my rear seats and spare tire kit installed it was about an inch and a half to make it level, but every truck is slightly different.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65