Lowering my 2024 RST Premium

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ceegarz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Looking for some information on the lowering options for my ‘24 Tahoe. Spindles? Coil overs? I don’t want to drop it too much. Just about and inch or so to create a good stance for my 24” wheels. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank uou

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Would you doing that effect your warranty? I would think it would. You better be sure first.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When it comes to manufacturer's warranty, you are going to want to KNOW and not THINK "it wouldn't".

dbphillips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Come on, is a one inch drop worse than towing 24/7, with the thing loaded down?

Magnusson Moss says warranty impact would be limited to suspension. And unmodified components not affected would still be covered. So, yes, control arms and links could be stressed by lowering, but highly unlikely with 1" drop. Keep travel within factory range and really no impact. And it's up to the manufacturer to make their case. Just be prepared to navigate the waters. And even with worn out links, you could be a jerk and not own your mod, and reinstall the original parts before you go to the dealer. I prefer to just get it right.

Hell, the factory is often a PITA about warranties even without mods, so what's the difference?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what type of suspension option you have on your RST?
Or the RPO code for the suspension?

If you post up those 2 things it’ll help others make recommendations for lowering kits/parts for the amount of drop you’re looking for.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Come on, is a one inch drop worse than towing 24/7, with the thing loaded down?

Magnusson Moss says warranty impact would be limited to suspension. And unmodified components not affected would still be covered. So, yes, control arms and links could be stressed by lowering, but highly unlikely with 1" drop. Keep travel within factory range and really no impact. And it's up to the manufacturer to make their case. Just be prepared to navigate the waters. And even with worn out links, you could be a jerk and not own your mod, and reinstall the original parts before you go to the dealer. I prefer to just get it right.

Hell, the factory is often a PITA about warranties even without mods, so what's the difference?
Whole lot of scenarios backing up what I was ASKING about. I never said anything ABSOLUTE. I just said "be prepared". You used lots of "maybe" words. "would be limited" "not affected" "could be" "highly unlikely" "really no impact" "make their case" "be prepared" "navigate the waters" "reinstall original parts".

Way less chance of being a "PITA about warranties" when the vehicle is still under the bumper to bumper coverage.

Again, is the owner's call but to assume the warranty would not be effected is short sighted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz