Lowering Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben2694

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I just purchased 24s for my 15 Yukon and looking to lower it. I've been doing research and seem to find that there are many options. I see some kits come with springs and struts and some don't. My main concerns are:

What is the recommended lowering height to keep good ride quality?
What Brands have the best quality parts?
What are things to not do when lowering?

Thank you In Advance.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's a matter of choice. I run a 5/7 drop on my trucks. I did a 1.5 / 3" drop on my Escalade if I recall correctly. I did it for 2 reasons. 1.) Went with 26" wheels and 2.) I did not want to sacrifice the ride quality nor the ability to control the ride height on those airport or Costco runs where the Escalade is loaded up.

Can't go wrong with McGaughy's drop spindles and Belltech lowering front and back lowering kits. Bell Tech (and others I am sure) have a newer nicer kit that allows you to adjust the front lowering height by adding or subtracting spacer rings. I like that kit so much that I used a very similar set up on a High Country that I picked up just over a year ago.

Attachments

• 20220221_142456.jpg
    20220221_142456.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
B

Ben2694

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate the insight! Thank you very much. Escalade looks great!!

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes sir. Thank you and you are welcome. Good luck and have fun with your build.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's a matter of choice. I run a 5/7 drop on my trucks. I did a 1.5 / 3" drop on my Escalade if I recall correctly. I did it for 2 reasons. 1.) Went with 26" wheels and 2.) I did not want to sacrifice the ride quality nor the ability to control the ride height on those airport or Costco runs where the Escalade is loaded up.

Can't go wrong with McGaughy's drop spindles and Belltech lowering front and back lowering kits. Bell Tech (and others I am sure) have a newer nicer kit that allows you to adjust the front lowering height by adding or subtracting spacer rings. I like that kit so much that I used a very similar set up on a High Country that I picked up just over a year ago.
Lol “ didn’t want to sacrifice ride quality” but went with 26’s. Pretty sure ride quality suffered. I know, been there. But they do look great don’t they? Sorry, just had to mess with ya. :cool:

Your ride quality will definitely take a hit of you go with taller tires which have less sidewall and thus don’t absorb bumps; how much you’re willing to give up for looks will determine this. I ran 26’s on my daily (02 Denali) and ended up dialing back to 22’s due to the harshness of the ride. I still run 26’s on my bagged 08 Silverado but I don’t drive it that much. I do agree on the other points made. Drop spindles are the way to go in addition to some decent struts up front that allow adjustability and some decent quality lowering springs in the rear. The ride height sensor rods can be shortened so auto leveling is still operable, some kits come with them. You can modify stock ones yourself if not. Don’t forget shock extenders for the rear so your shocks don’t bottom out and then you’ll need to get some shortened end links for the sway bars so they stay parallel to the ground and work properly. Or better yet, upgrade the sway bars with some from one of the better companies like McGaughy’s or DJM. These companies also sell the end links.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz