Lowering 2006 tahoe questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on here brain storming lowering 2006 Tahoe LS. I have some questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

I am thinking I want to go Bilstein 4600 front and rear with some drop springs in the rear. I was thinking of using mcgauhys spindles in the front. I'd like the front and rear dropped down fairly even with good ride quality.

Would this allow me to maintain the factory alignment settings or would I need camber arms etc?

I have the lw7 premium ride in the rear so I am not wanting the rear bottoming out. I wanted to go with a belltech kit but was afraid it'd be bottoming out in the rear.

What say you all?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. How low are you looking to go? What size wheel and tire? Lots of knowledgeable folks here to help. They’ll chime in too.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the free travel mod, you would not bottom out if the lowering is kept within range. Since you will be changing out springs in the rear, the ride more than likely will change.

Dont forget about the shock relocator. As well as the stabilizer bar, and end link relocate.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 18" Wheels, be aware that some of the lowering knuckles will create problems, but not all the time. It will depend on the dish of the rim. On the 17's it usually always creates problems.

I cant help you on the makers of relocaters on the rear, I only looked into it, and decided to get another truck instead.