Lowered my '15 Yukon XL SLT 1" / 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride you have there.

Does all of the factory air ride mumbojumbo still function properly with this lowering kit? I am used to lifting vehicles, so this lowering stuff is all new to me. Plus, I know nothing about the factory suspension on this thing. They do have air ride, correct? Just out back, though?

Seems like an inch or two lower looks damn good with minimal work to get it there.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLT has rear air ride if you have the tow package. And yes the Belltech rear spring kit comes with shortened air ride links so that the air ride kicks in at the correct level. You may need to adjust the links a bit to get it right. They are easy to adjust. It is a pretty simple setup you can see the links I am talking about if you crawl under the truck.

If you have magnaride (LTZ or Denali) you have to disassemble the front magnaride shock to do the relocator. Someone else on here did it but said it was a pain.

I've had mine lowered for a few months now with about 5k on the clock since the lower and I have no complaints.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SLT has rear air ride if you have the tow package. And yes the Belltech rear spring kit comes with shortened air ride links so that the air ride kicks in at the correct level. You may need to adjust the links a bit to get it right. They are easy to adjust. It is a pretty simple setup you can see the links I am talking about if you crawl under the truck.

If you have magnaride (LTZ or Denali) you have to disassemble the front magnaride shock to do the relocator. Someone else on here did it but said it was a pain.

I've had mine lowered for a few months now with about 5k on the clock since the lower and I have no complaints.

Gotchya. Thanks for the info.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You lower front and back or just the back?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Front is not bad at all you just cant spin shaft to lower. Ive done my strut mod and that saves like over 120 bucks over buying relocators and does the same thing brings spring perch lower.

on the autoride shocks i cut the end of a 18mm socket off and have a bar welded at a angle to it to then you hold the strut shaft with vice grips so doesnt move and then you remove the 18mm nut. Very easy to do on autoride trucks... if you know what your doing.

Fitz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Steve1081: thanks for your post. The 2" rear drop is exactly what Im waiting to do. Ordered 2" drop springs from DJM. I used them on the last 2 'Hoe's with air ride and got the ride height I was after. Wish the factory would give up on the "rear up" look.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Exactly what I'm going for... I'm not as mechanically inclined as some of you guys, so I'd prefer paying someone to do it for me.

What parts would I need for the Denali--Do they make them yet?
SO you've essentially done a 1"/2" F/R drop?

I know NORCAL mods parts for the '15s, but I prefer them direct/warrantied from the manufacturer (DJM/Belltech/McGaughys/etc.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645