Lowered my '15 Yukon XL SLT 1" / 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished lowering the rear tonight. I purchased the Belltech 34324 kit off of amazon for $187 with free shipping. This is the kit that includes 3505 springs, 1" spacer, autoride link, bumpstops, and shock mount extenders.

Belltech 34324 Springs Coil by Belltech http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CST5H8/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_HsSGtb17RK1Z9

I installed the springs with the 1" spacer I also reinstalled both top and bottom spring isolators as I was trying to get on the low end of the advertised drop. I got about 2" of drop. Here are before and after measurements.

Before After
Front 36 1/2 36 1/2
Rear 38 36

The install is pretty simple. You need a big floor jack and big jack stands. Don't screw around with small ones... I didn't need a spring compressor. Here are few tips to get enough slack to drop the axle far enough to get the springs right in with spacers:

- remove the bolt in the brake line bracket on the top of the diff from the driver side... This provides some extra slack on the brake lines which do get tight. You can see it in the middle of the picture below.

mG51K9o.jpg

- remove away bar end links. Instructions didn't say to do this but it made it much easier to get the spring in. Picture below.

lWMmVsP.jpg

- on the passenger side remove the bracket that holds the brake line off the exhaust. I didn't get a picture but this will give more slack when dropping the axle.

- remove the speed sensor cable from the 2 plastic clips (both sides) before dropping the axle to provide slack. Pictures below.

1106nHz.jpg

KxIcn0o.jpg

I took a cruise around the block after installing and hit a few pot holes... Seems to ride about the same as stock as far as I can tell.

oGIrBGP.jpg

After night time profile shot. More to come when the sun comes up

Definitely need to do at least 1" in the front... Do you guys think the rear will settle more?

I have the mcgaughy spring relocators ready to go. So that may be tomorrow night's project. I'm thinking I'll se them to 1" or 1.5" for about 1/2" - 1" of rake. Might wait to see where the rear settles.

Or else get a 1/2" additional spacer for the rear and leave the front alone. What do you guys think I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More pictures in the light (note these are before the front was lowered.)

C8GEUAg.jpg

2Mdbj05.jpg

pdS7vUd.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Not sure why those pictures are so low quality... Does tapatalk limit your resolution after too many pictures?

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it does
Looks good
So the front is dropped already in these pictures?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear looks good ... just drop the from the 1" and it'll be the way GM should have designed it.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear looks good ... just drop the from the 1" and it'll be the way GM should have designed it.

Agree. The 2" makes a huge difference in how big it feels. I can now see the roof! The only downside for me is I now hit my head on the rear lift gate even when all the way up. I am about 6' 2".

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's weird ... I had a 2/4 on my NNBS and I my head never came close to the lift agate, and I'm 6.1.

Does your truck have one of those switches where you can set the lift gate opening height? If so maybe it's not set to the max height.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought of that. But it seems to be maxed out. The new ones have a big rear spoiler that houses the hidden wiper and it seems like that might have reduced the max height. Also doesn't help that the back is lower than the front on mine right now...

LelmisU.jpg

vGxVp1n.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401130106.705368.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401130106.705368.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 71
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401130127.637309.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401130127.637309.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also. I paid for tapatalk pro and still get these grainy images... What gives? The pictures on my phone look fine.

Edit: Switched to imgur.com which integrates with tapatalk and back to good images!

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good lowered. Everything looks good lowered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member