Lowered my '15 Yukon XL SLT 1" / 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Looks a lot better. It still seems to be floating in the air though.
It needs some bigger wheels. Maybe something like the factory 22s.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree that it needs bigger wheels. I've had my eye on some 2015 22s from the escalade, LTZ or Denali on eBay. I'm too cheap to win any yet...

Or I may get the grey machined GMC 22" reps that factory reproductions has coming.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after taking a road trip in the truck (including some dirt roads) I think I might be getting more noise front the rear suspension than before. It isn't that it feels a lot rougher but I seem to get more reverberation noise.

Was really noticeable on a dirt road I had driven on a day before the drop and seemed to have much more "droning" now. Is this common with the 5305 spring?

My other thought is that the Autoride might not be adjusted correctly resulting in a stiffer shock resulting in more noise.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: after adjusting the autoride it seems to ride just as quiet as before the drop.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if the noise comes back check the last dead coil. Had a guy today come back and truck made noise when hitting bumps. 5305 that another shop installed. I lifted the truck up and the last dead coil before active one i got heater hose cut in half and wrapped the coil. So when truck came down the coil when hitting the bump would actually touch the rubber heater hose and the clank was gone.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heads up those have only 1 year warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts