Low voltage, no crank or start like no power to starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks but it was the ground on the engine. Buddy moved it from the intake to the side of engine where it was covered by paint so I just cleaned it up and bam but since then it still hasn't started. So I've replaced the distributor the other day and made sure it was timed correctly. But nothing no spark still. Like I take the number one spark plug out and put it on the wire and ground it out on the block and I don't get nothing the coil distributor plugs and wires and battery for all brand new and everything inside the distributor brand new too
The way these are wired through the positive battery cable/terminal, it's possible to get a crank with no spark if there is corrosion. One part of the layered positive cable/terminal assembly feeds the starter only, while the other powers the PCM. The PCM sends the signal to fire the ignition with key on. I had a crank/no-start/no-spark condition just earlier this season that was caused by this. Did you check that terminal, pull it's (2) layers apart an clean it? When the ground got relocated by your buddy he may have moved/bumped the positive cable just enough to get a good connection again temporarily, leading to your "bam" as you call it. I know it sounds simple, but if you haven't tried it, do it. Get your wire brush out and go to town on it. Remove the positive cable/terminal at the battery, unscrew the (2) layers from each other so they can be separated and you'll have (4) surfaces to clean with the brush, including the side post of the battery. Let us know how you make out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts