Low Oil Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok?

Sorry op hopefully someone with a NNBS comes around and helps!

OP
OP
fco_gonzo

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
Long story short, my oil pressure switch went out (which caused my guage to stop reading the oil pressure), and got it replace so that fixed that problem. I also replaced the oil level sensor but it still read "low oil". I had a feeling that the wire may be chaffed or pinched but that was not the case either.

I talked to another buddy (real mechanic) who told me to reset the body pcm memory but disconnecting the battery. So I did and left it disconnected all day yesterday at work. In the evening I connected and the message appeared to be gone.

apparently, the high speed tech's at jiffy lube left the ingntion on (not the engine) and it recorded a message the oil was low. anyhow I replaced the oil level sensor so it should be good even though they hardly every go out.

Lesson learned. don't go to Jiffy Lube and keep ignition off while changing the oil.

I will update if the status changes.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn Jiffy for causing you these issues.
Is your check engine light on by any chance.
The only thing I can thing of is you can try clearing the code with a scanner.

lasinthesauce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe their cheap oil filters is causing the issue ! I heard that with this engine there is some form of pressure valve in the filter that should drain it once the circulation stops. The cheaper generic filters lack this important feature. I found this out because when I had a new filter and change at Mr Lube,I had acceleration issues like mad... You can check by turning ignition on but not the engine and the oil pressure gauge shouldn't move at all, mine lifted slightly.

Anyway not a super related problem but another plausibility. That's weird how the gauge doesn't work, isn't it right after the filter any way ?

OP
OP
fco_gonzo

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
I had the oil pressure sensor replaced and I also replaced the oil level sensor. Oil pressure sensor is working as expected but the oil level sensor is still not working. I still have the message. I've been lazy and just ignore it. Anyone else have better luck than me with it?

TTA579

Reaction score
I understand you didn't get a Check Engine light, but I wonder if an OBD2 reader would have been able to clear the message without disconnecting the battery like you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n