Low Oil Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
Early this summer I had my tahoe's oil changed at Jiffy Lube (1st time at JL) then I went home and parked it. The following morning I started the tahoe and it had a message that my oil level was low and needed to be filled. Of course, I was pissed and drove back to JL and chewed out the dude there and nicely asked to fill it up to the correct level. Before they filled it they checked the dip stick and it read that it was filled correctly. He suggested that the Oil Level Sensor may have go out.

Long story short, I replaced the Oil Level sensor and Oil pressure switch (it went out this week). However, the message is still there "Oil level Low".

Has anyone exprienced this? If so, how was this corrected, or any suggestions?

OP
OP
fco_gonzo

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
Dipstick reads full.

You can't reset this, Im not talking about the oil life.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah all you do is go through the DIC then go to oil level left hold the check button and it'll beep and it resets

OP
OP
fco_gonzo

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
I dont think we are on the same sheet of music. I am only able to reset the OIL LIFE not the level.

OP
OP
fco_gonzo

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
I thought I was going crazy and went outside and looked for it, lol

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha so you mean the gauge for the oil on your cluster?

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha so you mean the gauge for the oil on your cluster?

just stop man. your not really helping.

wish i had some good information for ya. only thing i can guess is maybe you got a bad oil level sensor? i've had mine come on a few times, but it was actually low. as far as i know mine is the original one 12 years old.. you may just have to drive it for a bit. maybe pull the negative terminal off the battery and let it reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM