Low Battery Start Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get this message aslo and i replaced my battery and fixed mine but also my battery was wet on top from acid. Also can anyone tell me why when i open driver door i can hear the radio/cd player making a noise for just a few seconds?
that is normal it does it for everyone... that is for the door chimes

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get this message aslo and i replaced my battery and fixed mine but also my battery was wet on top from acid. Also can anyone tell me why when i open driver door i can hear the radio/cd player making a noise for just a few seconds?

I'm guessing you have the nav system. The noise you hear from the head unit is the disk "pre-loading," in anticipation of you getting in and starting it up, to speed startup/boot time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have the nav system. The noise you hear from the head unit is the disk "pre-loading," in anticipation of you getting in and starting it up, to speed startup/boot time.
ya that's one of the reasons I yanked that old archaic crap out first chance I had, I could hear that thing constantly annoying same with 4cyl mode, blah.....

Kevinf89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Makes sense thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daddio

Daddio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So just to close out my original post 'Low battery, start engine' issue .... (I appreciate it when other posters do that);
I purchased a new AGM battery (at great cost!!) and the problem message has not reappeared.
This message started the day I bought the truck, it was 6 months old, and had the original factory installed (substandard) battery. I'm a little disappointed in GM.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So just to close out my original post 'Low battery, start engine' issue .... (I appreciate it when other posters do that);
I purchased a new AGM battery (at great cost!!) and the problem message has not reappeared.
This message started the day I bought the truck, it was 6 months old, and had the original factory installed (substandard) battery. I'm a little disappointed in GM.
Yeah, it only lasted 7 years. Lol.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify things for posterity, "Low Battery Start Engine" message is not a bug, it is feature.

If you shut your engine off and continue to use accessories, when you power management senses you have run things down enough and also senses you seem to be content staying in the truck, it tells you to start the engine to recharge the battery you just ran down. The systems in these trucks use a lot of power. They don't fully spool down for quite a while after shutdown and you leave the truck, even if you aren't playing the radio, etc.

FWIW, my original OE battery that came with my Yukon lasted the longest of any battery since (7 years). With my latest AGM battery, I went to a battery tender when parked in the garage to assure I get the most from that expensive battery, it was looking like maybe 3 years life before I went to the charger/conditioner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia