Looking to lower my 2010 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isenegger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m thinking about lowering my 2010 Tahoe. Currently lifted on 33s. I’m looking for a change. I’m thinking dropping it either 2/3 or 2/4 on 22 vision legend 6 grey wheels. I want to use spindles up front instead of drop springs. What drop do y’all recommend??

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2/3 is an easy job and doesn’t require the free travel mod. Spindles are the way to go up front and 3” drop springs out back. There are lots of kits out there. I used McGuaghys. Get shock extenders for the rear and if you have auto ride or leveling adjust the actuator rods. Post pics of before and after.

OP
OP
isenegger

isenegger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the rear. Do I just need springs and shock extenders. Or so I need the djm kit with the axle relocator

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure what the axle relocator does. I just used springs and extenders.

OP
OP
isenegger

isenegger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The axle extender recenters the axle. The axle is pulled towards the front when it is lowered.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the rear. Do I just need springs and shock extenders. Or so I need the djm kit with the axle relocator

The trailing arm relocators are actually more for returning the factory arc of the suspension. Yes, positioning the trailing arm back down does push the axle back a hair since the level arm is at the peak of the arc. For a 3" drop, I'd do 'em, but not out of absolute necessity.

Either get the extenders and use your factory shocks or get shorter shocks.

signguy62

Reaction score
The trailing arm relocators are actually more for returning the factory arc of the suspension. Yes, positioning the trailing arm back down does push the axle back a hair since the level arm is at the peak of the arc. For a 3" drop, I'd do 'em, but not out of absolute necessity.

Either get the extenders and use your factory shocks or get shorter shocks.
"Extenders and factory shocks or get drop shocks"
But Belltech will tell you to use shock extenders/relocation for both...factory and their drop shocks. Why is that?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Text me buddy I've done thousands

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809-103708.png
    Screenshot_20230809-103708.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Extenders and factory shocks or get drop shocks"
But Belltech will tell you to use shock extenders/relocation for both...factory and their drop shocks. Why is that?

If I were in the business of selling parts, I'd advise people to buy parts.

They're not wrong. He was asking about a 3" drop. The extenders would return 2" of that, making the stock shocks "see" only 1" drop which is fine for pretty any normal driving instances. Drop shocks are 2.x" shorter, so they'd be fine as-is. With drop shocks plus the extenders, you'd actually have about 1" of "surplus" travel, which is perfectly fine. So, following BT's recommendation, you wouldn't bottom out for sure (good CYA measure) and they'd sell more parts.

It's not a bad recommendation from them. Just not absolutely necessary with a 3" drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts