Looking to buy a Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
Still eyeing that Denali. Asked sales guy to send the service records. He referred me to the carfax. Anyone here able to pull detailed service records?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with all of the above comments. With 3 kids definitely, definitely get an XL. It’s great for the kids to be able to spread out (less fighting /poking) during road trips and you’ll find it handy when taking 1-2 of their friends or extended family around town.

The Escalade is nice, I have one, but I personally would have been just as happy with the Denali XL. The long wheel base and 6.2 liter engine were my two priorities. I just happened to get a better deal on an Escalade ESV.

4WD adds a few thousand bucks but is worth it. If anything, you’ll get much of it back in resale. Most people want 4WD with these vehicles so it will sell better when you’re ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 3 kids, I'd recommend the Denali XL or the Escalade ESV with its extended body length. I've had both the Yukon and the Yukon XL bodies, and the difference in available space with the longer body is huge. You won't regret it.
I wonder if the new body style SWB provides overcomes the short comings of the prior generation in storage space and comfortable seating capacity.

twernst

Reaction score
I wonder if the new body style SWB provides overcomes the short comings of the prior generation in storage space and comfortable seating capacity.

The new model has vastly improved interior space in the the second and third rows along with more storage behind third row with seats up.

I have driven the AT4 and Denali and sat in almost every trim Chevy and GMC is currently offering, they are AWESOME inside. I really prefer and love the screen integration on the Denali best, I have had the "tablet on top of dash" in several vehicles including current, integration is just so much better.

That said I am looking for CPO 6.2 Tahoe prior Gen right now for cost reasons.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at a Suburban, 2” too tall to fit in the parking garage at work.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Long wheel base will ride better and offer higher resale if paired with the 6.2L. The LWB is something you won’t know you’ll want until you run out of storage space or seats in a SWB.

The 8SP trans have a spotty history. Try to stay away from it and don’t accept a car fax as service records. DO buy the car in Cali if you end up with a deal on an 8SP and it amounts to an Escalade.

Not only does Cali have [emoji522] laws, but the extended service contracts (aka: warranty) are so highly regulated they’re the benchmark every other state to try and match. No, AutoNation and their service contracts are still practically criminal.

I’ve always found the vehicles with the most features and options are the ones I’ve kept the longest. 15+ vehicles have a weak link on the a/c components, trans and the odd wind buffeting issue. If I were getting a 15+ vehicle, I’d CYA with a service contract from Cali Dlr on a LWB Escalade. Make sure your deductible is under $100 or non existent. I can guarantee a Cali S/C will pay for itself at least twice on a 15+ Escalade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
Test drove it today. Ran pretty nice. A little rough at startup but it was sitting for awhile. The just got it in a few days ago. Previous rental and said minor hail damage on carfax. Could not find any dings from hail. Pretty nice. One oddity - the tires are different front and back. The fronts were off road type. Car ran well and straight down the highway. Are the tires / wheels on these same front and back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy