Looking to buy a Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, I would opt for the Escalade. They are so much nicer in the interior department. I have a 2019 Denali that I bought new. My brother has a 16 Escalade he bought used. The Denali interior is disappointing in my opinion.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would ask about the service records and if the magnarides have been serviced or replaced.
Also if the transmission has been flushed.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, does this look like a good deal?

I think dealerships are flush with these pre owned rental vehicles.

Looking for a CPO Denali. Could go XL as well. Prefer RWD but am open. Also found a 2016 Escalade that is also in the running. Looking to spend around $40k.

https://www.concordchevrolet.com/Ve...n-2WD_4dr_Denali-Concord-CA/1GKS1CKJ4HR116312

You'll love the smoother ride (longer wheelbase) and more space of the XL. You'll appreciate the go-anywhere prowess of having a 4x4, especially in heavy rain or snow.

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
IMO, I would opt for the Escalade. They are so much nicer in the interior department. I have a 2019 Denali that I bought new. My brother has a 16 Escalade he bought used. The Denali interior is disappointing in my opinion.

Ok so you would favor a 2016 Escalade over a newer Denali? Interesting

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
You'll love the smoother ride (longer wheelbase) and more space of the XL. You'll appreciate the go-anywhere prowess of having a 4x4, especially in heavy rain or snow.
I don't care much about 4x4 but the are more common... I have 3 kids, so an XL may come in handy...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

X2

Ok so you would favor a 2016 Escalade over a newer Denali? Interesting

yes, and stay away from the 8 speed transmissions if you can

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care much about 4x4 but the are more common... I have 3 kids, so an XL may come in handy...

Well, I like the peace of mind knowing that my wife and children can get out of any jam by switching over to 4HI. If they run into bad weather they can move the dial to Auto for maximum traction if necessary. The all-terrain tires negate the need for a 4x4 for all but the most serious instances but it sure is nice to have when you need it.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Thanks for the link...just bought it!

so looks like you’ll have to settle with the Escalade.

Just joshin’ ya. The Escalade sure looks great, but personally I’d save the money and go with the Yukon (assuming the ‘16 Escalade could be $5K more).

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol you said $40k that one is $44k which is going to end up $48k so if you expand your search out to vegas this puts you in the market for up to a 2019, getting to vegas is cheap and then just drive back, there are a few around if you include san Diego about a dozen cpo I found in roughly the same price range. Prices are jacked up right now I would try to hold out if you can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons