Looking to buy a Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With 3 kids, I'd recommend the Denali XL or the Escalade ESV with its extended body length. I've had both the Yukon and the Yukon XL bodies, and the difference in available space with the longer body is huge. You won't regret it.

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
lol you said $40k that one is $44k which is going to end up $48k so if you expand your search out to vegas this puts you in the market for up to a 2019, getting to vegas is cheap and then just drive back, there are a few around if you include san Diego about a dozen cpo I found in roughly the same price range. Prices are jacked up right now I would try to hold out if you can

Sounds like good advice. Not a huge rush will check those areas out. Not a huge fan of flying to Vegas right now. Also buying a CA car I think will give some better lemon law type protections. Although, I can imagine that Vegas has a ton of rental units to sell off. So you think it's better to wait for the new year?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like good advice. Not a huge rush will check those areas out. Not a huge fan of flying to Vegas right now. Also buying a CA car I think will give some better lemon law type protections. Although, I can imagine that Vegas has a ton of rental units to sell off. So you think it's better to wait for the new year?
the only reason prices are so high right now is because of covid, the dealers have been paying thousands extra on trade in's just to have something on the lot, my 18 Silverado went up in Value $2k because of this, when that does something like that ever happen? lol ya I would hold off as long as possible the 2021's are rolling in slowly. These new vehicles are pretty nice as long as it has lower miles and a warranty you really have nothing to worry about you can just have it delivered if not wanting to fly or drive. A lot of the dealers have shipping available now also as a result of covid.

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
With 3 kids, you definitely want the XL. There isn’t much storage room in the back with the 3rd row up in the shorter model.
I'm dealing with an explorer right now, which has even less than the regular sized I'd imagine

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm dealing with an explorer right now, which has even less than the regular sized I'd imagine
While it is true the non XL Yukon is bigger than the explorer, with the third row seats in the up position you really don’t have anymore room than the explorer if the kids are bringing stuff with them that needs to go in the back.
Keep in mind with three kids, a denali most likely will have mid row bucket bucket seats, that means one of the three will have to sit in the third row which will take away from cargo space. I have a newphew and two nieces and my mom and I often bring them from where they live, up to the mountains where we live to spend time with us. When I take my Denali xl to go get them, one has to sit in the third row. And having the XL Denali means I have extra room behind the third seat to put all the stuff they bring with them, where the regular wheel base Yukon wouldn’t have that extra room.

OP
OP
C

captain

Reaction score
I found out the denali near by I've been eyeing is a rental from the state of Hawaii. Has me slightly concerned but as I said, I think there are a lot of rentals from hertz out on the market. I think they went bankrupt and probably made a deal with chevy to return the cars.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out the denali near by I've been eyeing is a rental from the state of Hawaii. Has me slightly concerned but as I said, I think there are a lot of rentals from hertz out on the market. I think they went bankrupt and probably made a deal with chevy to return the cars.
if it is more than 2-3 years old then it was a old rental they don't keep them in the circuit very long, they sell them or auction them off and get new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts