Looking into new wheels 17" or 18"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
I have an 07 Tahoe 4x4 and want to see what these things look like with 17s, iv been doing some searches and have found many 18s but none with 17s on them. I have found only a couple pics of trucks with some 17 aftermarket but no Tahoes. I have the factory 20s and may be able to sell them and want to look at getting some new wheels with around the 285ish tire size and leveling kit. I would really want to get some 18s but just torn between the look of the 17s and 18s.

Also I was thinking around 1k for my wheels and tires, tires are in great condition almost new, what do yall think. Thanks

-Alex

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got home from Discount tire, I ordered 18's with 285/65. I'll post a pic next week,, they had to order the rims.

It was a complete joke shopping for tires/rims. Everywhere I went told me something completely different, contradicting each other. I ended up with this size out of just tired of dealing with it. I hope it comes out ok, If not the guy said he would reorder the size.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Nice, I worked for Discount Tire for a few years. I know we would always test fit and see if the customer even liked the wheels and tires on the vehicle before they drove it out of the bay. If the customer no likey we would work with them and change out tires, wheels w/e they wanted till they found what they were looking for. I remember we changed 3 different tires and 2 different wheels, it was a mess but he was happy and made a life long customer. Hopefully they take care of ya. Good luck and look forward to seeing it.

Jesburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I got them put on finally but they ordered the wrong lug nuts, so I have to wait a couple more days to put the center caps on.

They were alot more eager to sell me the tires, not so eager to let me try different sizes once I went in to pick them up. I ended up settling for the 285's. I could have definately went a size bigger, but I didnt want any rubbing when driving offroad, and honestly i'm fine with the smaller tires. It drives really nice, so that was my main concern.

IMG_7985_zpsj828m3mc.jpg

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
That looks good to me, I am trying to work a deal with a guy and see if we can get a sell/trade going. His tires and wheels for my wheels. Im going to run around on his factory 17s for a bit and order some new wheels and stick with my factory size tires for now. They are in great shape so unless I can come across a good deal on a different size tires for the 20s then Ill be good with mine for now.

ar-ar708-matte-black-machined-face.jpg

mkw_m92_6_lug_black_&_machined.jpg

Not sure on which wheel yet. the American Racing are 20 offset and the MKW are 10 offset if anyone has any picks of the offsets and how they sit on these trucks would be great to see.

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Need some pics of -10 offsets or close to the same. Wanting to find some wheels!

OP
OP
AppocAlexx

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Those look good but I ended up sticking with 20s at -10 offset wish they were -12 but I like how they turned out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660