1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for storage ideas, on top of dash?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Bill 1960, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:06 PM.

1. Bill 1960

Bill 1960 Full Access Member

Name:
    Bill
    Has anyone got an accessory they want to share for keeping small items in place on top of the dash?

Several of my other vehicles have recessed trays or raised edges so there’s a place atop the dash for glasses, phone, other odds and ends. The GMT900 has a flat, slick ice rink on top of the dash.

If you’ve got a way to make use of that nice tabletop and keep things from sliding off, how about post a picture or a link. I’m thinking I may get a dash mat and start glueing containers on top. Or maybe stick some legos on there, then I can build anything I want.

2. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    These dashes are so brittle I caution against putting anything on top of them Bill. I have an EZ-Customs dash mat on mine from 5766ray on Ebay:

IMG_0138.JPG

3. Bill 1960

Bill 1960 Full Access Member

Name:
    Bill
    Thanks @swathdiver , yeah I had football sized holes in the original dash. Just went through the whole new dash investment, so now it’s time for the new one to earn it’s keep!

I don’t want anything heavy up there for safety reasons anyway, it’s just a convenient place for a map, sunglasses, etc.

4. gooffeyguy

gooffeyguy Full Access Member

Name:
    Tom
    I'm no help, I've never liked or put anything on any of my vehicles dashes except for maybe paper with directions/etc. I don't like the reflection/glare on windshield or the idea of possible loose flying objects near face level

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk