Dash Warning Lights for Brakes and Airbags come on randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jla956

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Yukon and the red warning lights on the dash for the Brakes, ABS, and Airbags come on randomly. Sometimes no lights are on, sometimes it's the Brake and ABS lights, sometimes it's the Airbag light, and at other times it's all three at the same time. I'm assuming that it's an electrical short of some type, or a module has gone out, and I was hoping that someone would have a fix for this. Thanks in advance for your help.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two main grounds that can cause weird behavior:
1) Main ground to back side of the engine block.
2) Another ground for many of the inside things is located on the driver's side, almost in line with the door hinges it is located between the rocker panel and the chassis.

The one under the driver's door is responsible for grounding the BCM and other key components.

Inspect, clean, tighten those ground points.

Dalt10

Reaction score
My Yukon ABS and Brake light come on sometimes. Does it randomly. I was told to clean the grounds like MassHoe04 said just haven't got around to doing it. Going to do that this weekend.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As stated above, grounds should be the first thing that you check for those symptoms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345