Looking for some wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scot moore

Reaction score
So I have a 2012 Yukon Denali with 20" factory wheels. It looks like the factory ones are 31mm offset. Not 100% sure but that is what I found online. I need to replace at least 1 of my factory wheels maybe 2. One has a leak that supposedly can't be fixed and needs replaced. I am not a big fan of the chrome wheels that are on it in the first place, so I don't really want to buy more of those. I also don't want to spend anything on wheels, but if I want to fix the problem I have to spend something. I guess what I am trying to say is the cheaper the better on this repair, though I guess I want to like the way it looks too. I was hoping to spend under $1000 but thought I may have to go up to $1300-$1500. I am having a hard time finding some that are the correct offset. I found a set I liked for under $200 each, but they are not the correct offset. I know you can add a spacer, but don't want the wheels to stick out noticeably more then the factory ones. I would like to go with something black, but not solid black. the ones I was looking at still have some aluminum showing to break up the solid black. here are a few examples of what I was looking at, but I am open to some cheaper options.

Basically a black spoked style wheel with some aluminum to break it up. Any ideas on what I can get that will fit? thanks

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have a 2012 Yukon Denali with 20" factory wheels. It looks like the factory ones are 31mm offset. Not 100% sure but that is what I found online. I need to replace at least 1 of my factory wheels maybe 2. One has a leak that supposedly can't be fixed and needs replaced. I am not a big fan of the chrome wheels that are on it in the first place, so I don't really want to buy more of those. I also don't want to spend anything on wheels, but if I want to fix the problem I have to spend something. I guess what I am trying to say is the cheaper the better on this repair, though I guess I want to like the way it looks too. I was hoping to spend under $1000 but thought I may have to go up to $1300-$1500. I am having a hard time finding some that are the correct offset. I found a set I liked for under $200 each, but they are not the correct offset. I know you can add a spacer, but don't want the wheels to stick out noticeably more then the factory ones. I would like to go with something black, but not solid black. the ones I was looking at still have some aluminum showing to break up the solid black. here are a few examples of what I was looking at, but I am open to some cheaper options.

Basically a black spoked style wheel with some aluminum to break it up. Any ideas on what I can get that will fit? thanks
I'm a fan of the OEM designs for later model trucks because it updates your truck and makes it look like a later model to the casual observer. And for people who know these trucks really well, it's still a tasteful upgrade that doesn't scream aftermarket.

And this one in particular:

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
You can find some stocks or snowflake replicas cheap online or go to custom offsets website I do there 90 day no interest payment plan whenever I get tires and always bumps my credit up considerably once I pay it off. If you got the cash you can get some 20” replicas for around 800-1000$ new or around the same price used on Facebook marketplace I’m like you I don’t want or have the money to spend on nice wheels so I ended up trading my way up to what I have now made money by doing it and ended up with a setup worth about 5-6K new for free basically!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Geotrash on this one. I stick with OEM because it's just simple and you know they will fit correctly. I use FB marketplace a lot for random things like this. You'd be surprised what people are willing to get rid of for a reasonable price. I usually do a GMC WHEELS search and it brings up lots of options. Usually a few have tires on them as well.

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the OEM designs for later model trucks because it updates your truck and makes it look like a later model to the casual observer. And for people who know these trucks really well, it's still a tasteful upgrade that doesn't scream aftermarket.

And this one in particular:

I'm thinking about getting this style wheel for my 2012 Denali, but maybe in the gunmetal Grey. The Denali isn't black, but a dark Grey metallic (carbon flash metallic). This wheel looks pretty dark in the pics on the site, but not quite as dark as black.

Would the difference in offset/backspacing be a problem (31 vs 24), guessing it will sit inboard just a tad compared to the OE wheels?

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this style wheel for my 2012 Denali, but maybe in the gunmetal Grey. The Denali isn't black, but a dark Grey metallic (carbon flash metallic). This wheel looks pretty dark in the pics on the site, but not quite as dark as black.

Would the difference in offset/backspacing be a problem (31 vs 24), guessing it will sit inboard just a tad compared to the OE wheels?
This is .27 of an inch. Basically 1/4 inch. I bet , not only will that be fine , but it will look good too.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you find something really awesome in the aftermarket realm, I would do OE take offs. I changed from the 17" that it came with to a set of 2018 Silverado 20s - fit perfect and compliments the black/white storm trooper look. If memory serves-would say I was all in with tires/wheels for under 1100 installed. A salvage yard close to you may have OE for sale - check out https://www.car-parts.com to search locally or regionally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe