Looking for Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dee G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the 2015+ PPV 4WD the same as the SSV? I think the SSV isn't lowered correct? I want 4WD with some off road capability, mainly to go camping and outdoor events off road, not rock crawling.

If I want a used but low mileage Tahoe for a Daily and a family vehicle what do you recommend?

I'm drawn to the SSV/PPV 4wd because I want a full size SUV capable of towing a small camper or trailer. I like the bare bones nature of the vehicles but am drawn to the 2015 for the upgraded styling and features. I'm considering either body style though.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Virginia. Can’t help with that one but others will chime in.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dee, we see a lot of fellas on here spend a pretty penny on their ex-police cars to bring them up to LS and LT standards of comfort and convenience, so consider that.

Get an LT with Z71 for the 2-speed transfer case and look for one with the Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (JL1) which is basically what I did. I also recommend the regular length Suburban or Yukon XL, the extra legroom in the 2nd row is nice as is the bountiful interior storage with little penalty in the way of driving or fuel efficiency. More often than not, the Suburbans and Yukon XL cost less because everybody and their sister wants a Tahoe.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As James said, and if you want a stronger rig look at the 2500. The 15+ is going to run you more so if a 13-14 is available with what you want that’s a really good truck. If I had to do it over I’d have bought an XL myself. If a Denali can be found you’ll get the 6.2 vs a 5.3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts