Looking for metal shields for 2013 Tahoe LT 4WD...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniper_x

Reaction score
Since the previous owner drove it all over beaches and stripped off the original undercoating, someone re-sprayed crap all under the vehicle that has now turned into gooey goop.

I'm final stages of cleaning and re-painting/re-protecting the underbody of the Tahoe and when done, I want to install the OEM shields wherever possible.
Where can I find some metal shields that protect the engine, the front diff carrier and the other areas that for which there are shields available.

I have the plastic front one, but would love to get a metal replacement.
I'm okay to go aftermarket, but prefer OEM if available.

Used and dented are okay too :)

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Junk yard or UPull would likely have the best availability and pricing. You can search www.car-part.com for the parts and some locations, although IIRC Upulls aren't listed.

OP
OP
S

sniper_x

Reaction score
Okay, but what parts am I looking for?
I can find OEM numbers at genuine GM parts resellers (discontinued part), but is that how I search for the shields?

How can i find all the shields that would fit this 2013 tahoe, even if they never came with them.
In other words, I know that Silverado's have shields, and the same cross members are used on the Tahoe, etc.

I would simply tap the threads into the cross member and attach a Siverado shield (as an example).

I'm unsure if that's possible, but i'm sure someone here can advise what would fit from other versions of the drivetrain if I could find the shiled and then just drill/tap the hole for the bolt.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 - 20944322
1 - 20922755
8 - 11518341

Those are the part numbers you want. The last one are the self-tapping bolts. Careful, don't tighten too much or they will strip out.

If your truck did not originally come with them, the holes are there but not threaded. Ebay is your friend for these parts.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, but what parts am I looking for?
I can find OEM numbers at genuine GM parts resellers (discontinued part), but is that how I search for the shields?

How can i find all the shields that would fit this 2013 tahoe, even if they never came with them.
In other words, I know that Silverado's have shields, and the same cross members are used on the Tahoe, etc.

I would simply tap the threads into the cross member and attach a Siverado shield (as an example).

I'm unsure if that's possible, but i'm sure someone here can advise what would fit from other versions of the drivetrain if I could find the shiled and then just drill/tap the hole for the bolt.
this guy at rodlouvers makes a front metal one and sells them on ebay and probably direct as well
he is the only one i know of that makes a front metal one for non-lifted vehicles.
the remainder of the skid plates can be found by searching up z71 all gmt900's all fit all gmt900's
the transfer case skid plate is usally sold for the colorado but fits all 00-20
couple things to note the 99-06 & 15-20 z71 skid plates do not fit 07-14
and 2500 plates do not fit 1500's and vica versa
you will need some of the self tapping bolts around 4pcs, your existing bolts for the exisitng plastic one will work but you will need more to use the metal plates
Front - 20944322
Transfer Case - 20922755
Self-Tapping Bolts - 11518341
I wouldn't pay more than $50 for one as they can be found all over used for that price or less
here is one
oil pan/front diff skid plate
another
transfer case skid plate
here is the front one by rodlouvers

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 - 20944322
1 - 20922755
8 - 11518341

Those are the part numbers you want. The last one are the self-tapping bolts. Careful, don't tighten too much or they will strip out.

If your truck did not originally come with them, the holes are there but not threaded. Ebay is your friend for these parts.
ya, DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE BOLTS!, SNUG IS GOOD ENOUGH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this guy at rodlouvers makes a front metal one and sells them on ebay and probably direct as well
he is the only one i know of that makes a front metal one for non-lifted vehicles.
the remainder of the skid plates can be found by searching up z71 all gmt900's all fit all gmt900's
the transfer case skid plate is usally sold for the colorado but fits all 00-20
couple things to note the 99-06 & 15-20 z71 skid plates do not fit 07-14
and 2500 plates do not fit 1500's and vica versa
you will need some of the self tapping bolts around 4pcs, your existing bolts for the exisitng plastic one will work but you will need more to use the metal plates
Front - 20944322
Transfer Case - 20922755
Self-Tapping Bolts - 11518341
I wouldn't pay more than $50 for one as they can be found all over used for that price or less
here is one
oil pan/front diff skid plate
another
transfer case skid plate
here is the front one by rodlouvers
Thanks! I had forgotten the name of this company. Just starting to think about hood louvers for the thethirdtwin.

Reaction score
1 - 20944322
1 - 20922755
8 - 11518341

I have these on my 2012

The transfer case one is black painted or powder coated steel

The oil pan/front differential one is aluminum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts