Looking for a VIN replacement to get a rebuilt 6.2l with AFM/DOD already modified

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bgamboe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Yukon XL with the 6.2l. The guy I bought it from already modified the motor so the DOD would not engage. (Modified the motor and the computer) It has been running fine for years. Well, now I am having several issues with the motor and have decided that it would be more cost efficient to replace the motor with a rebuilt one. However, all the engine shops want a VIN to go with the motor that you order. Does someone know what vehicle/VIN I could use to get a 6.2l that would work with all my sensors but I would not have to modify when I install it? Thank you in advance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ve seen that Jaspar sells a 50 state legal Non AFM replacement/rebuilt motor in another thread.

Call Texas Speed for the lowdown on how to go from a 10-14 AFM 6.2L to a non AFM swap. They’ll know what and where to tune as well as leads on rebuilding what you have vs a new long block.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Yukon XL with the 6.2l. The guy I bought it from already modified the motor so the DOD would not engage. (Modified the motor and the computer) It has been running fine for years. Well, now I am having several issues with the motor and have decided that it would be more cost efficient to replace the motor with a rebuilt one. However, all the engine shops want a VIN to go with the motor that you order. Does someone know what vehicle/VIN I could use to get a 6.2l that would work with all my sensors but I would not have to modify when I install it? Thank you in advance.
should have said denali. the 2012 will be a l94
or vin F, etc
they just want the eighth digit in the vin code

OP
OP
B

Bgamboe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve seen that Jaspar sells a 50 state legal Non AFM replacement/rebuilt motor in another thread.

Call Texas Speed for the lowdown on how to go from a 10-14 AFM 6.2L to a non AFM swap. They’ll know what and where to tune as well as leads on rebuilding what you have vs a new long block.
I have heard this from several people, so I gave them a call. I have decided to do a quick rebuild using their DOD deletion kit. (#25-DODdeleteKit) Thank you!

OP
OP
B

Bgamboe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone here for sharing their expertise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar