Looking at Escalades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Been looking around at Escalades, haven't found anything local that impresses me. Most of what I am finding in the price range I hope to hit are 07-08-09's with 120-130k. I found a 12 with 150k. I am wondering if this is of concern with the mileage. I am concerned with rust a lot, and this ride looks great with no rust from images online. I might go look in person if the feedback isn't too negative from any replies to this. Thanks for your input.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking around at Escalades, haven't found anything local that impresses me. Most of what I am finding in the price range I hope to hit are 07-08-09's with 120-130k. I found a 12 with 150k. I am wondering if this is of concern with the mileage. I am concerned with rust a lot, and this ride looks great with no rust from images online. I might go look in person if the feedback isn't too negative from any replies to this. Thanks for your input.

I looked over a month for my truck and then drove 700 miles away to get it. Many have done similar.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Not sure of your price range, but if well cared for (any maintenance records?), 120-30k is nothing. You will hear us all say maintenence is the Key to these trucks. Guys on here run them to 250-300k all the time.

Have you read this thread?
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-a-07-14-nnbs-tahoe-suburban-look-here.61720/

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
Not sure of your price range, but if well cared for (any maintenance records?), 120-30k is nothing. You will hear us all say maintenence is the Key to these trucks. Guys on here run them to 250-300k all the time.

Have you read this thread?
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-a-07-14-nnbs-tahoe-suburban-look-here.61720/

I read through that thread a while ago when I first came about with the idea of possibly getting one of these vehicles. There was a lot of info in there.

I'm trying to find something for around 18k otd with some kind of warranty. I figured a 12 with a little higher miles might actually be a little better than an 07 with 20k less miles due to rust etc. A 07 I looked at this past weekend wasn't impressive, although the price attracted me to it originally. Was USED, used, and had been listed for sale at the dealership for 2xx something days. Had a laundry list of service and that also positioned me away from even thinking about it any further.

My lease is done with at the end of the month and I have a few busy stretches coming up in the month yet so I am trying to find something that I would be happy with fairly quickly. I might enquire on this 12 and see if they can provide me with service, etc. I'm located in southern WI.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I read through that thread a while ago when I first came about with the idea of possibly getting one of these vehicles. There was a lot of info in there.

I'm trying to find something for around 18k otd with some kind of warranty. I figured a 12 with a little higher miles might actually be a little better than an 07 with 20k less miles due to rust etc. A 07 I looked at this past weekend wasn't impressive, although the price attracted me to it originally. Was USED, used, and had been listed for sale at the dealership for 2xx something days. Had a laundry list of service and that also positioned me away from even thinking about it any further.

My lease is done with at the end of the month and I have a few busy stretches coming up in the month yet so I am trying to find something that I would be happy with fairly quickly. I might enquire on this 12 and see if they can provide me with service, etc. I'm located in southern WI.

I have always followed the rule of not buying a first year model change, so I rule it the 07, but I know there are guys that have had a great run with them. Did you check Laura GMC? Not too far from you.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head south to avoid the likelihood of rust.

What trim level and what color inside and out are you wanting?

Found 83 on AutoTrader. 55 AWD in Premium and Premium Luxury in both lengths, all $20K and under and most in the mileage range or lower you're looking for in years 2009-2011.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I like the white diamond clearcoat exterior and the cocoa/cashmere interior combination. I have been finding a lot of them with the ebony interior...Do not like. Exterior color isn't so much an issue as interior is. I currently have black leather in my truck and previous vehicle and not much a fan.

OP
OP
BAWLin in WI

BAWLin in WI

Reaction score
I just looked at the Carfax for a 12 I am eyeing up. No accidents, no damage reported. One owner, commercial registration. Only service record coming up on Carfax is computer module checked at 117k and an emissions inspection at 135k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11