Looking at a 2004 EXT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvsteve

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would like to hear from EXT owners about your experience regarding problems to look for. Specifically automatic rear suspension, transmission and general reliability. I had a 2002 avalanche 5.3 that was just okay I remember it was kind of squirrelly in a strong cross wind I think because of the sail and it leaked under the rear cover so I kind of expect the same thing in an EXT but I can live with those things. I tow a ski centurion boat that's just under 5k so the 6.0 should handle that easily with tow haul mode. The car I'm considering has 125k miles. Does the 2004 have a backup camera? Thanks in advance.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if the timing is relevant at this point, but as i know it the ext is basically a cross between the standard avy and the esky/denali. as i belive they are 6.0 awd like the denali just in the avy 1500 body.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about backup cameras in 04 but they’re easy enough to do. The auto leveling is great for towing. Check what type of compressor and shocks are under it. If oem they’re probably stock and need changing unless there’s a record of it being replaced.