Look at this crap!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this toss the timing off? The pulley exploded and now dhe run rough! Any thoughts? Anything I should do after I make the repairs?20180721_093618_HDR.jpg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats just a serpentine belt fir your alt, water pump pwr steering. Will not affect timing at all. Timing chain is under a cover under water pump. Prob running rough bevause alt not turning and computer is confused as to what is going on and water pump not turning, prob a ***** to turn also. Dont run it too long or youll drain the battery and overheat the motor from no waterpump

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least its an easy diagnosis and fix...new tensioner (or just pulley if being cheap) and belt and done.
Yeah I was going to replace belt and tensioner. If this one blew up should I just replace all the pulleys that are plastic? Any idea why it blew up?

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats just a serpentine belt fir your alt, water pump pwr steering. Will not affect timing at all. Timing chain is under a cover under water pump. Prob running rough bevause alt not turning and computer is confused as to what is going on and water pump not turning, prob a ***** to turn also. Dont run it too long or youll drain the battery and overheat the motor from no waterpump
Any reason it blew up? Should I replace all the pulleys?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to replace belt and tensioner. If this one blew up should I just replace all the pulleys that are plastic? Any idea why it blew up?

Any reason it blew up? Should I replace all the pulleys?

Age, time, etc.... it happens, it may have just been on its way out and you never noticed....When the belt is off just spin every pulley by hand to make sure every spins free and makes no real noise. You wont be able to spin a few so after belt is on eyeball and listen to be sure it sounds right. Your prob good, it just may have been time for that one to go. Good luck

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Also manufacturing defects. They could of made a bad batch. Bearings go bad all the time. No need to replace them all unless they all making noise, but that’s very unlikely scenario.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
easy fix, you just grab that with a 15mm socket (I believe that's the size), twist and get the belt off then just R&R, probably run $35-40 at the parts store

OP
OP
Wambliokiye

Wambliokiye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im not sure if this is all a coincidence, but after the fix : only did the belt and pulley, I now have a check engine light on! Says oil is low and she is sluggish as hell. WTH?!?!?!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the code? if you don't have a scanner just about any autoparts store will scan it for free and many shops will as well no charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645