Lock of rear door failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disassembled, what brought me more in love with this car. It was very easy to remove the cover and when I looked at the problem there was a strange part, which was stuck in the right lock.

It looks a bit like a half nut from an oak, but can be a piece of glue as well. Obviously it fell down and landed exactly in the lock...
it is glue, gm loves glue lol

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad you got it resolved @nonickatall ! Looks like a stop piece of some kind. Not sure where it’s supposed to be but doesn’t look to be part of the liftgate haha.

Hopefully no more issues! @Doubeleive sorry to correct but there is only one actuator for both the glass release and the handle that opens the whole liftgate in the GMT800s. Just wanted to make sure the correct info is there for anyone else dealing with this issue.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad you got it resolved @nonickatall ! Looks like a stop piece of some kind. Not sure where it’s supposed to be but doesn’t look to be part of the liftgate haha.

Hopefully no more issues! @Doubeleive sorry to correct but there is only one actuator for both the glass release and the handle that opens the whole liftgate in the GMT800s. Just wanted to make sure the correct info is there for anyone else dealing with this issue.
I guess I could be wrong but the wiper motor and glass hatch release should be one thing and hatch lock another, been a while since I even looked at one with the panel off

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I could be wrong but the wiper motor and glass hatch release should be one thing and hatch lock another, been a while since I even looked at one with the panel off
Wiper motor isn’t tied into the locks or hatch release. Because if it wasn’t then nothing would work in my liftgate since the wiper motor and wiper have fully been removed…… :Big Laugh:

Foot0069

Reaction score
Here’s a video I took because it was was easier to talk about the problem and the fox rather than type it all out. Hope this helps. If you need a full walk through how to replace those parts let me know I’ll be happy to video to show you how it disassembles and reassembles.

See that's why I love a good forum. You're my kinda guy, I hope to be able to share a bit of my meager knowledge here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo