Load resistors or flasher unit for LED turn signals?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my LED turn signals, and I've got the hyper blinking. Well, they hyper blink with the individual turn signals, but I get the normal flash rate with the emergency flashers. Is that normal?

Anyways, while looking into load resistors, I came across THIS. If I'm understanding this right, you just take out the stock relay, and replace it with this, and you don't need to add the load resistors. Will the one I linked work with my 03 Yukon? Thanks for any help.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact the seller to make sure that's the correct relay for your vehicle. And you only need one or the other, not both.

OP
OP
seven9st surfer

seven9st surfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact the seller to make sure that's the correct relay for your vehicle. And you only need one or the other, not both.

Thanks for the advice. I was just about to email the seller when I came across a page selling replacement flasher relays. Looks like the stock relay is an EP-29, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the EP-29L LED relay. The pin layout looks the same, so hopefully it'll do the job. I'll post back in a few days when it comes in.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an LED flasher module when I did mine rather than having to put resistors everywhere

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an LED flasher module when I did mine rather than having to put resistors everywhere

Yeah, those resistors get hot too, so you gotta be careful where you place them. I'd go with the relay also.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, those resistors get hot too, so you gotta be careful where you place them. I'd go with the relay also.

no I'm talking about the flasher module behind the dash that controls the flash rate. Behind the knee bolster

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo