Lil’ Help - Question About ZW7 Code and Suspension Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder...... on my '05 YukonXL...... 165,000 on the clock. Shocks still seem fine....
But I still wonder how long the Nivomats will be available, and buy a set for the future???

( In this day n age, I buy something while I think of it, instead of discovering they are no longer available in the future.....and way more expensive / kind of like an investment )

Thoughts ??

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder...... on my '05 YukonXL...... 165,000 on the clock. Shocks still seem fine....
But I still wonder how long the Nivomats will be available, and buy a set for the future???

( In this day n age, I buy something while I think of it, instead of discovering they are no longer available in the future.....and way more expensive / kind of like an investment )

Thoughts ??

I don't necessarily worry about mine, but my last option will be to convert to standard (or Z71) rear suspension with new shocks and springs. Someone on here had some used Nivomats for sale a while back; if you want to know who, I'll dig a bit for that member's name.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't necessarily worry about mine, but my last option will be to convert to standard (or Z71) rear suspension with new shocks and springs. Someone on here had some used Nivomats for sale a while back; if you want to know who, I'll dig a bit for that member's name.
If the Nivomats are "reasonably" new, I am very interested !!
Thanks.....:thumbsup:

kchotrodtrk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
last summer with 265k on my o2 suburban w the original Nivomats, I loaded 6 humans, our luggage, and tv w PlayStation and headed out for key west, Florida, from baton rouge LA. (16hrs one way) the nivos gave a flawless performance. a bit later I took em off and added shock extenders and ranchos, but after a few thousand miles of swaying around on the interstate like a bay boat and decreased corning n towing, I today ordered a used set from a respected eBay dealer for 189$. gonna run them w my shock extenders.

kchotrodtrk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
im not sure why my post count shows only 3 posts... I ve been posting here sporadically for years.

OP
OP
Scott in AZ

Scott in AZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Closing out this thread. Left the Nivomats w 171K original miles in place. They still work fine, pass the “Fless-Test” with no problem, loaded up with 5X 80 lb retaining wall blocks and our 48 lb little boy.

Installed Bilstein B6-4600 up front to replace the Monroe’s I’d put on in 2009 at 108K miles (at Sears Auto no less, during a “buy shocks get free install” promotion, they cost $60 each!). Noted that my bump stops were still original and they were shot! Mostly degraded. They are newly replaced now. I suspect the change to the Monroe’s 14 years ago has helped me with steering component reliability, so that was a really good $120 investment all those years ago.

My SUV drives the same on mostly smooth highway (as expected) but as soon as I get on double track jeep roads to the mountain bike trail or pass over a dipped intersection I can feel the stable and robust suspension upgrade right away.

One day I’ll replace the rear suspension w GM Genuine or Sachs but for now I’m (hopefully) done with this year’s summer overhaul (Front Struts and Cooling System). Thanks again for the good help and recommendations from this tribe.

0F597102-67AF-4F58-9D2E-F71E120D7D02.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts