Liftgate Sub Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install subs into the liftgate? Seems like a little fabrication and a shallow sub would work pretty well. It wouldn't be the best enclosure but it would most certainly reduce the amount of lost space in the cabin and rear storage area. The pistons are pretty strong from the factory but if you needed more 'oomph' they are only a few inches shorter than the 3rd gen F-Body cars that had a huge glass hatch.

I googled it but hard to search for 2015+. I'll keep checking the web but would like to see if someone here did it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but I'd think from slamming the hatch over time, the plastic would fatigue, crack and the sub might sag.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How big is the subwoofer? If it is of any size, I suspect that it will either damage the plastic trim on the tailgate door or damage the subwoofer itself from the shock of opening and slamming the tailgate door shut.

If you are going to do something, I would recommend a GM accessory if available or at least professional installation. That way if something goes awry, you’ve got someone you can blame and try to make fix it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14