LIFTERS 08 Tahoe 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I am getting ready to order parts to replace valve seals and lifters. There is nothing wrong with the lifters as of now but I figure I would do it just to prevent anything from happening. seeing as though I’m at 180k. I want to keep the AFM I do not want to do any delete. repeat I do not want to do any delete. I use a plug in device that keeps me in v8 all the time and it’s been treating me well My QUESTION is does the VLOM get replaced as well? Questions and comments are much appreciated

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning, I am getting ready to order parts to replace valve seals and lifters. There is nothing wrong with the lifters as of now but I figure I would do it just to prevent anything from happening. seeing as though I’m at 180k. I want to keep the AFM I do not want to do any delete. repeat I do not want to do any delete. I use a plug in device that keeps me in v8 all the time and it’s been treating me well My QUESTION is does the VLOM get replaced as well? Questions and comments are much appreciated
The VLOM should be replaced, you will get the improved, more reliable design, should you wish to let AFM run again or sell the car. And of course, it's not 14 years old!

Don't forget to also replace the lifter trays with GM OE only.

If you don't have the new valve cover, consider getting that for reduced oil consumption. @iamdub knows the number by heart for a 2008! LOL

The improved AFM parts are much more reliable than your original parts.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VLOM should be replaced, you will get the improved, more reliable design, should you wish to let AFM run again or sell the car. And of course, it's not 14 years old!

If you don't have the new valve cover, consider getting that for reduced oil consumption. @iamdub knows the number by heart for a 2008! LOL

Now with this new VLOM is pretty much plug and play or is this something else I might have to replace like the Cam? Or anything? And I would definitely need that part number for the valve cover

Last edited:
OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Also I think I did add GM lifter trays to the list are they all the same because apparently on rockauto they got a front and back I added 2 of each

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I think I did add GM lifter trays to the list are they all the same because apparently on rockauto they got a front and back I added 2 of each
And also again, do anyone got the part number for GM lifters both afm and non afm?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with this new VLOM is pretty much plug and play or is this something else I might have to replace like the Cam? Or anything? And I would definitely need that part number for the valve cover
VLOM is Plug and Play - 12571609
Rocker Cover - 12570427
Two Kinds, 12669184 and 12669185
And also again, do anyone got the part number for GM lifters both afm and non afm?
Regular - 12648846
AFM - 12645725 or 12680871 (new number)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya
VLOM is Plug and Play - 12571609
Rocker Cover - 12570427

Two Kinds, 12669184 and 12669185

Regular - 12648846
AFM - 12645725 or 12680871 (new number)
Rockauto just can’t seem to find the lifters

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C71F0363-D2B6-4665-B8CD-39F1B3C34C5E.jpeg

Just put this order in, may have to look elsewhere for the lifters and vlom, valve cover etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt