Lets talk about Brake Upgrades...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking into doing the n nbs brake upgrade but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. I would be going from a two piston caliper to another two piston caliper wich will offer about a 1/2 inch diff on grip?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SBK RACER

SBK RACER

Reaction score
I was looking into doing the n nbs brake upgrade but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. I would be going from a two piston caliper to another two piston caliper wich will offer about a 1/2 inch diff on grip?

You don't need new calipers, you just need the rotors and the brackets. Right?

Unless the brake pads are different part number from 2006 to 2007...

OP
OP
SBK RACER

SBK RACER

Reaction score
Wrong! You need new calipers and brackets.

Hmmm... I would have taught that GMC would have made them the same...

I wonder if they changed the pistons sizes on the calipers too, maybe we can figure out if one has more hydraulic leverage over the other...

Would it not be easier and cheaper to make relocating brackets?

A "Z" shaped bar with holes drilled, tapped, and spaced at the correct spacing for the rotors. I guess larger rotors would be easier than going from 12 to 13

I am really liking the idea of BAER 15" rotors... A lot cheaper than WILWOOD 16" set up.

EradiSpeed+1.jpg

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the 15" Baer rotors on my 06. But I also swapped out the calipers for the 6-piston Z06 calipers. Was a big difference.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** it! I gave in and bought loaded calipers from autozone 100 bucks. Waiting for rotors from r1 ordered the cross drilled and slotted ones I'm counting on the larger pistons in the caliper to help out more.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I swapped out the parts my brake pads were pretty much done. After swapping everything I have to say there is a difference. It's not an omg difference but you feel it especially with the 24's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts