LED tails with all LEDs as brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DanangMarine68
Reaction score
When y'all get your tails installed, I'd appreciate some photos as I'm still undecided over the smoked versus the red. Please also let me know what the blink sequence is for turns and flasher. From Abstrastic's video it looks like they go from off, to dim, then to bright. Not sure why they do that.

TIA

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've ordered the red not sure which jem556 is getting, but I'll try and do a video sequence of them once they are installed.

I'm estimating it will take a week or so for them to reach me :)

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tails were delivered today...but it will be the weekend before I have time to install... :(

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tails were delivered today...but it will be the weekend before I have time to install... :(

Mine has reached the shipping agent state side, just waiting for them to put them on an airplane and send them over the atlantic :)

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has reached the shipping agent state side, just waiting for them to put them on an airplane and send them over the atlantic :)

My lights are in transit (i.e. they are crossing the atlantic tonight). I'm curious to see how long delivery it will have domestic.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got mine installed this evening and I guess I have mixed feelings about them.

Pic from HIDguy website:

picture.jpg

All the leds work as turn signal and brake light.
The clear section uses your factory backup bulb.
The small lower red section is just a non-illuminated reflector.

First impressions:

Look pretty good from the rear, but there is hardly any illumination of the side (wrap-around) section of the tail lens. I guess maybe they are all this way?

Anyway, here's a vid I made in a hurry...

Evening Light:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G199EY3Vc4

Night Time:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdP4rOT_TwA

Last edited:

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I got mine installed this evening and I guess I have mixed feelings about them.

Pic from HIDguy website:

picture.jpg

All the leds work as turn signal and brake light.
The clear section uses your factory backup bulb.
The small lower red section is just a non-illuminated reflector.

First impressions:

Look pretty good from the rear, but there is hardly any illumination of the side (wrap-around) section of the tail lens. I guess maybe they are all this way?

Good stuff! Looks quite alright to me, I am definitely exited about receiving mine now. I might put a LED bulb in the reverse light if that just the factory set up.

Thanks for taking the time to record it in action!

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, major bummer with these new LED tails. I got out on the open highway for the first time since their installation and found that they have disabled my cruise control. I purchased these because they included the resistor packs to supposedly prevent such issues...but alas, no such luck. Back to OEM we go... :(

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, major bummer with these new LED tails. I got out on the open highway for the first time since their installation and found that they have disabled my cruise control. I purchased these because they included the resistor packs to supposedly prevent such issues...but alas, no such luck. Back to OEM we go... :(

Interesting! Have you contacted the HIDguys?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigchad1