least expensive way to drop my hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
excellent decision. I'm contemplating stock keys and buying control arms, love my 5" front drop tho.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever drop im at right now im loving it..its technically a 3/5, but the front is up a little bit cuz my front end is worn out, and the rear has the "big gay shocks" that max and I discovered..once i switch out the shocks in back i will hopefully be down a little more..I wouldnt mess with the 2/3 cuz you will want to go lower..heres my "3/5" ish on 24s..the front is perfect for me and once the rear comes down a little more ill be happy

CIMG8034.jpg
CIMG8041.jpg

OP
OP
road1will

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
excellent decision. I'm contemplating stock keys and buying control arms, love my 5" front drop tho.

Can you post up a parts list of which front end NAPA components your refering to?

Thats something i'd like to to do my hoe to make her ride new again. I have a few friends with tahoes/suburbans with 100k+ miles that im sure would love to do this project.

also, how many miles on your denali?

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody I work with did his that way with the keys and rear springs and it looks great for less than $300. He even says it rides better, if I drop mine I think that would be the route I take. I'm not sure if it makes a difference cuz I didn't look into yet but his is a 2wd mine is 4wd.

My tahoe is a 4wd also

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
I ckeckef Ebay everyday and was lucky enough to score a McGaughy's 3/5 kit with keys/spindles-front:springs/control arm relocator/sway bar linkage-rear
For $360. A deal like that goes quick so you have to look every day. I have seen 3/5's used on Craigslist here in Phx for less than $300

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Can you post up a parts list of which front end NAPA components your refering to?

also, how many miles on your denali?

I have almost 100k on my truck running extremely well. Here is a list of the napa part #s you'll need

Inner Tie Rod Ends - NCP 2693124
Outer Tie Rod Ends - NCP 2693122
Idler Arm Pivot Assembly - NCP 2683717
Idler Arm Assembly - NCP 2683714
Pitman Arm Assembly - NCP 2681673

Gusset the idler pivot assembly to the frame like so:
idler-pivot

Also look at replacing the intermediate steering shaft with a borgeson billet piece, part #000937
https://www.borgeson.com/catalog2/product_info.php?products_id=782&osCsid=84e702d91dff9b0f4409bca55937c3f1
chevyshaft.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
to drop your hoe. Take her to a bar, Get her real drunk. Shoot her in a dark ally, and drop her in the river. The cops will think it was a suicide and your scott free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jcraddick11