Lack of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would not have said worn out if I knew from the beginning that it only has 72k miles on it, that was not shared from the get go and I was going off of the years.

You saying that you replaced tune components makes it sound like the power loss was all of a sudden and you were throwing parts at it to try and correct.

Saying it is gutless since day 1, compared to the other two 5.3 engines, would have cleared up the misconceptions.

imtryingyall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
About the best indicator for service needed on these trucks is gas mileage. When the average drops 2 it wants something fixed. Stock ride height 5.7 motor 15-16 avg mixed city/hwy.
MO VietVet- The really gutless one were the TBI trucks 87 up.
I have the 1995 tbi 2 door tahoe and your right no power unless it's rebuilt. I need a new block or anyone selling a 350 5.7 for sell it love to get it from you. Alabama here

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Heck, if you are gonna do a new motor or rebuild, I would get one from Jasper Engines and they can custom build it the way you want and ship it to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo