L86/L83.Flex fuel conversion with pics and part #s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that but we drive V8 heavy vehicles, we didnt buy them to be fuel efficient, but its possible to get better MPG out of them and if you like to do that more power to you
That's not what I meant. The increase in mpg is a measure of the engine's efficiency and power. An engine in good form will have a higher volumetric efficiency and make better use of its fuel than an engine that isn't running or set up correctly.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this!

Im glad i can help. For some reason guys with SUVs dont mess with flex setups, and other mods like people with pick ups, i like to mod everything i have, why leave it stock. "Friends dont let friends drive stock"

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad i can help. For some reason guys with SUVs dont mess with flex setups, and other mods like people with pick ups, i like to mod everything i have, why leave it stock. "Friends dont let friends drive stock"
I want the ability to run e85, just in case premium gets crazy expensive, or we have a fuel shortage like we did in May. I only put premium in the truck and we were on vacation when that shortage happened. "no problem. we can run e85". Then I did some question asking...It wasn't flex fuel

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont want to run 87 or 89 on stock 6.2. Back in 2016 when i bought mine i tried for hell of it. It pinging badly. Its too lean

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its possible to splice aftermarket flex gauge on GM flex sensor. It works
First of all i installed Fuel It Bluetooth Raw signal output 50-150hz. Scanner shows 82.4%, Fuel It app 81-82% for its very close. Than i installed Fuel It Flex harness extension, shorten it some since 48" was too long, splice male plug from 2nd Fuel it extension i have using only white signal wire into 1st extension white wire. This way im only tapping into signal and not adding 12v and ground to existing flex sensor that already have that from the ECM. Installed Innovate ECF-1 4 in 1 gauge, also hooked Innovate fuel pressure gauge on top of flex sensor with adapter that comes with gauge
Scanner still shows 82.4 %, Fuel it 81F and innovate gauge shows 81.5%

Resized_20210722_135122.jpegResized_20210807_174858.jpg